Cadets 2017

So I am officially excited about this years show (since I have been clamoring for this for the last decade or so.  Here is what I posted in a different thread back in October about what I wanted them to do in relation to "gimmicks".  We'll see if the show looks anything like I envisioned!

"I think this year might be a good opportunity for the Cadets to do something centered around the topic that drives everyone crazy here: the uniforms. I envision a somewhat staged version of Mass that includes an actual plot where the very act of removong the uniform coupled with really "modern" drum corps elements such as trombone soloists blasting into microphones and some heavy exploitation of movable props culminates in the drum major ultimately shocking all of the other Cadets by losing faith and shedding the uniform. Ultimately, everyone puts the jacket back on and the Cadets close with a "classic" drum corps finale: a great company front. It allows them to use modern and classic elements in a way that has some kind of focus and purpose -- two things that were really missing from this past year's show. Oh well, just a thought."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

So I am officially excited about this years show (since I have been clamoring for this for the last decade or so.  Here is what I posted in a different thread back in October about what I wanted them to do in relation to "gimmicks".  We'll see if the show looks anything like I envisioned!

"I think this year might be a good opportunity for the Cadets to do something centered around the topic that drives everyone crazy here: the uniforms. I envision a somewhat staged version of Mass that includes an actual plot where the very act of removong the uniform coupled with really "modern" drum corps elements such as trombone soloists blasting into microphones and some heavy exploitation of movable props culminates in the drum major ultimately shocking all of the other Cadets by losing faith and shedding the uniform. Ultimately, everyone puts the jacket back on and the Cadets close with a "classic" drum corps finale: a great company front. It allows them to use modern and classic elements in a way that has some kind of focus and purpose -- two things that were really missing from this past year's show. Oh well, just a thought."

Great Scott Tony L.! You might've been onto something seven months ago!

18 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Great Scott Tony L.! You might've been onto something seven months ago!

Scott Tony has vision. That's for sure. And he's great! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Stop teasing me dam it. 

Im still upset with you because you said #### before and I don't want to see you in solitary confinement like corpsband.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Im still upset with you because you said #### before and I don't want to see you in solitary confinement like corpsband.

And at MASS no less.  That might get him total excommunication from DCP...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

Hopkins posted an excerpt of the 12/8 section and it is totally equipped with trumpet soloists, loudness, and jamworthy bangin'. 

So p!$$#) that I missed that, especially since today's my trumpeter's birthday and I would have loved to see/hear him.    :(

• Like 1

so will a screen grab from that be the first post to the 2017 Drums thread? :)