Cadets 2017

45 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Precisely

edit: I do find it odd how enraged people are about a public thing being posted on a public forum. If a questionable figure is on the staff of such a prominent corps (or any corps for that matter), then people should know about it.

No one was "enranged" and there are guiding principles revolving around these matters such as due diligence, assumed liability, privacy rights and informed consent.  These things matter.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

No one was "enranged" and there are guiding principles revolving around these matters such as due diligence, assumed liability, privacy rights and informed consent.  These things matter.

Minor typo, considering the way some of the people on this forum type, you can spare me for that. 

So why aren't you taking up these issues with the person who wrote the article on the person in question rather than Jeff Ream who's just bringing a public article to the attention of the public? After all, if this information violates any privacy rights, it's on the author of the article. 

Edited by Cappybara

48 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Minor typo, considering the way some of the people on this forum type, you can spare me for that. 

So why aren't you taking up these issues with the person who wrote the article on the person in question rather than Jeff Ream who's just bringing a public article to the attention of the public? After all, if this information violates any privacy rights, it's on the author of the article. 

Because if one is TRULY concerned, you first take it to the person who is in power to do something about it. And if nothing is done about it, or if there are no rational explanations for the lack of action, then it should be brought to the attention of others in the hopes that the masses can provide any convincing needed in order to make the changes that are warranted. It's almost the same principle as a "whistleblower" leaking documents instead of going to the person who is in a position to make necessary changes. Of course, all in my opinion. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 8

On 6/7/2017 at 3:24 PM, 2000Cadet said:

I can't believe you didn't know about this. 

Haha, yeah Tekk. I was in he dark about this one bud. At first I thought that someone was just taking a cheap shot.

2 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

Haha, yeah Tekk. I was in he dark about this one bud. At first I thought that someone was just taking a cheap shot.

Well, since I was there, I can tell you it was very disappointing (more so because of the fact that DCI didn't communicate instead of allowing the crowd to think that GH was being selfish). 

Can't wait to see this show!!!! Wonder if they post any vids.....

Edited by Tobias

12 hours ago, BRASSO said:

No. Thats not at all what I said, nor suggested. I said ( my words)  " maybe you (  Jeff Ream) should have contacted the Corps privately on this matter".   

i havent had an email answered by their office in 15 years. but they are quick to cash any checks i've sent them.

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Exactly. Sometimes having the public eye on your side allows things to go along a lot quicker. 

Surely the disastrous Galaxy Note 7 recall would not have occurred if every single person who had issues didn't upload the videos to YouTube rather than privately complain to Samsung

I'm still using mine :)