Cadets 2017

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i havent had an email answered by their office in 15 years. but they are quick to cash any checks i've sent them.

Pretty simple Jeff. They need funds to survive. They don't need people sharing sensitive information like you shared on a volatile forum like this. Did you really believe anything positive was going to result from you sharing that information on this site? And don't flatter yourself, they weren't responded to your email...they were responded to a potential legal and damaging situation for their organization.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i havent had an email answered by their office in 15 years. but they are quick to cash any checks i've sent them.

Not my experience at all.  Over the past 15 or so years I have contacted the Cadets many times.  Some of those emails of mine have been critical of the organization.  Nearly every time I have gotten a response within one day.  My criticisms have often been responded to by George himself.  He has not been defensive either.  I have found Cadets and YEA the most communicative of all the drum corps I have emailed in the past 15 years.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

19025103_10155486442681349_2365321310015

I wonder if they will have a set with people sleeping or nodding off in the pew. Sometimes more realistic, he, he.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Screamer said:

I'm still using mine :)

I have opinions about people like you, and you're probably not gonna wanna hear them lol

11 hours ago, whitedawn said:

When I want answers to provocative legal questions, I post them on public forums. In my experience, there is no better source of information than anonymous internet posters.

Absolutely! That's why I get all my info from Facebook! Who needs the news or books? 

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I wonder if they will have a set with people sleeping or nodding off in the pew. Sometimes more realistic, he, he.

At that point, the show would have to be called "Le Reve, Part Dos."

• Like 1

Thank you George for the images.  Shame we have to come to DCP to get any type of peek of what the Cadets are doing.  What I have heard for the most part seems to be liked.  But I'm afraid all this secrecy is not going to bode well for me when I'm on tour because I like to give the parents and volunteers a little bit more through my daily blog and images than what we're getting coming out of Cadetland.

Fan of the Arts

1 minute ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Thank you George for the images.  Shame we have to come to DCP to get any type of peek of what the Cadets are doing.  What I have heard for the most part seems to be liked.  But I'm afraid all this secrecy is not going to bode well for me when I'm on tour because I like to give the parents and volunteers a little bit more through my daily blog and images than what we're getting coming out of Cadetland.

Fan of the Arts

Once season starts, the cat is out of the proverbial box so to speak. I think keeping things under wrap is a good strategy. Come out and let people/judges see show for first time. Element of surprise is a good thing.