Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Thank you George for the images.  Shame we have to come to DCP to get any type of peek of what the Cadets are doing.  What I have heard for the most part seems to be liked.  But I'm afraid all this secrecy is not going to bode well for me when I'm on tour because I like to give the parents and volunteers a little bit more through my daily blog and images than what we're getting coming out of Cadetland.

Fan of the Arts

Facebook.com "The Cadets"

31 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Did the marching members know?  The parents of marching members?  You ever been the parent of a 17 year old girl?  You all seem upset at Mr. Ream as if he's spreading around rumors. He's not. This gentleman was not accused, he wasn't rumored, he was, according to the article, convicted. Worse, according to the article, he has not owned up to what he did. Worse, we're gonna hide behind the state of PA. They did the background checks and he's cleared them. Well, sometimes something that's legal still isn't right. This guy got himself into trouble around underage girls. And now here he is, teaching young kids again. It just seems like it's playing with fire. It creeps me out. I hesitated a long time before jumping into the fray here. I don't think Jeff Ream is deserving all the venom he's getting. As a parent would I want to know about the background of the person involved here?  Without a doubt. Then, armed with information, I could make my own decisions. I don't know if the members and parents knew. 

This is not the appropriate forum to release this kind of information about any staff member. And yes, if my child was marching I would want to be aware of this; however, I would not want to learn about it on this forum! This issue is between the Cadets administration team, the members, and their parents...period!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm pretty sure GH came on here HIMSELF and provided an explanation. Ream could have contacted the organization directly to address his concerns, but instead, he chose to yell fire in a crowded theater because of his feelings about Cadets. And if you're naive enough to believe that he has no negative feelings about Cadets, go back one or two pages and read some of the posts. I would be just as concerned as a parent of a child in that organization because I believe people who have been found to guilty of that type of crime should never be around children again. But It's safe to say that we know what Ream's true motives were. 

And in case you didn't see GH's response: 

HOP RESPONSE

I think it's "a little naive" to assume that everyone on DCP is in the know about Jeff's dislike for the Cadets. It's easy to say that when you've been on here for years and years, but not everyone on DCP is a veteran. 

10 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think it's "a little naive" to assume that everyone on DCP is in the know about Jeff's dislike for the Cadets. It's easy to say that when you've been on here for years and years, but not everyone on DCP is a veteran. 

That's where research comes into play. Someone can research his posts just as they can research information about that instructor. You don't need to be on here for years and years. 

:doh: Please excuse me while I go search though his 92,000 posts 

Edited by Cappybara

Ream has always had an agenda against Cadets (FHNSAB). If he was vetted, I have no problem with the way George handled this. Ream needs to stop his disdain and look for every opportunity to go after THE CADETS. Also, whether is Cadets, Devils, Crown, Bluecoats etc  .As was mentioned by a previous poster, parents were made  aware. Ream has no business in posting about this. Lol typical banker. Why I got out of commercial banking 15 years ago because of people like him.

Edited by oldcadetsop

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

:doh: Please excuse me while I go search though his 92,000 posts 

Yes because your snarky 92,000 number implies you apparently researched it. See how easy it is? 

• Like 1