Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, dans said:

This is not the appropriate forum to release this kind of information about any staff member. And yes, if my child was marching I would want to be aware of this; however, I would not want to learn about it on this forum! This issue is between the Cadets administration team, the members, and their parents...period!

It was in the newspaper. What about this is confidential?  It stopped being just a matter between x and y when the guy was convicted. Look I get it that you're seeing this as - you hate the Cadets or you're trying to hurt the Cadets. Maybe you can't see it in any other light. I'm all for being rehabilitated and moving on. But how about moving on in a job that doesn't put you around kids? It's like an alcoholic taking a job as a bartender. Heaven forbid something happens. I don't want the great Cadets organization to put themselves in the situation of being held liable in some way. Is the reward worth the risk here?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yes because your snarky 92,000 number implies you apparently researched it. See how easy it is? 

Some people need a life Tekk..  Do not worry about peoples ignorance.

1 minute ago, oldcadetsop said:

Ream has always had an agenda against Cadets (FHNSAB). If he was vetted, I have no problem with the way George handled this. Ream needs to stop his disdain and look for every opportunity to go after THE CADETS. Also, whether is Cadets, Devils, Crown, Bluecoats etc  .As was mentioned by a previous poster, parents were made  aware. Ream has no business in posting about this. Lol typical banker.

actually isn't he more the chief bottle washer for a band circuit that holds it's shows in the same geographic demographic as Cadets' band circuit?

He is also a new parent of not yet a dozen years and maybe looking at life choices and consequences differently.

All America seems to be aware that not everything printed in the media is objective fact and sometimes "the facts" the newspapers print turn out not to be true. God knows how many on death row and in prison The Innocent Project (e.g. Yale, University of Chicago, Northwestern, and other universities) have helped to free people wrongly convicted and now found innocent through newer DNA specifications.  I taught once in a large school with a gym teacher accused by a student of inappropriate behavior. The teacher lost his job, house, reputation, and career through news stories published throughout the country. Several months later, the kid admitted to lying after the teacher had had a heart attack and a stroke while going bankrupt defending himself. The NY media did publish a retraction, not on page one like the original weeks of stories, but in the obituaries on a Saturday of a holiday weekend.  I still think the man died murdered by the media. Let's be careful with what we say and presume. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

It was in the newspaper. What about this is confidential?  It stopped being just a matter between x and y when the guy was convicted. Look I get it that you're seeing this as - you hate the Cadets or you're trying to hurt the Cadets. Maybe you can't see it in any other light. I'm all for being rehabilitated and moving on. But how about moving on in a job that doesn't put you around kids? It's like an alcoholic taking a job as a bartender. Heaven forbid something happens. I don't want the great Cadets organization to put themselves in the situation of being held liable in some way. Is the reward worth the risk here?

I have known George for over 30 years. While marching and in the business world. If for one second he thought there was a problem.............. he never would have hired him. One thing people don't get and overlook because it is easier to criticize excellence when jealous. Mr. Hopkins is a man of excellence and integrity.

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

actually isn't he more the chief bottle washer for a band circuit that holds it's shows in the same geographic demographic as Cadets' band circuit?

He is also a new parent of not yet a dozen years and maybe looking at life choices and consequences differently.

All America seems to be aware that not everything printed in the media is objective fact and sometimes "the facts" the newspapers print turn out not to be true. God knows how many on death row and in prison The Innocent Project (e.g. Yale, University of Chicago, Northwestern, and other universities) have helped to free people wrongly convicted and now found innocent through newer DNA specifications.  I taught once in a large school with a gym teacher accused by a student of inappropriate behavior. The teacher lost his job, house, reputation, and career through news stories published throughout the country. Several months later, the kid admitted to lying after the teacher had had a heart attack and a stroke while going bankrupt defending himself. The NY media did publish a retraction, not on page one like the original weeks of stories, but in the obituaries on a Saturday of a holiday weekend.  I still think the man died murdered by the media. Let's be careful with what we say and presume. 

I do not post much here, and you and I have disagreed on some things. But brilliant post Sir

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

To me, this is not an issue regarding hate for the Cadets. My experience with the Cadets tells me that the administration would not jeopardize the organization's well being over said staff member. Shame on them if they are willing to assume liability for this situation.

• Like 2

Just now, oldcadetsop said:

I do not post much here, and you and I have disagreed on some things. But brilliant post Sir. Spot on and you made me laugh. Now time to mow my lawn and leave this topic alone. Unless some Pennsy dude decided to make a comment

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Parents were informed. Can we move on PLEASE...

That must have been a heck of an email to send out..

Oh, and by the way, on staff this year...

I really can’t imagine any instructor being worth the risk of mere association with the corps

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, oldcadetsop said:

I do not post much here, and you and I have disagreed on some things. But brilliant post Sir

Really, it offends me.

I find it insulting to pretend a conviction is similar to ‘fake news’. And to even cast doubt that it ever occurred or to blame the victim, because somewhere else, something unspecified and unsubstantiated but that Xandandl ‘knows’ there is  a tale of a false accusation that made the media…then nothing of the sort has ever happened anywhere?

And if that’s an example of your judgement, it doesn’t bode well for your other personal endorsement

Are we seeing the Cadet Culture at work in this thread with regards to this issue?

• Like 5