Cadets 2017

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Well.  

:ph34r:

Well, well, well.... ( haha)

Edited by BRASSO

On 6/10/2017 at 6:55 PM, 2000Cadet said:

I always find it fascinating when people announce they're leaving social media. I mean, just go if you're leaving. I think people are way too sensitive over the internet sometimes, especially this forum. Since I don't know anyone here personally (except Corpsband and Whitedawn), I just take every comment from every person with a grain of salt (until we meet in person). 

What difference does it make? They find the people eventually right? Stop complaining all the time. 

Facebook specific, but the same idea..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

The faster you go the more you can play.

But can you play it well?  Playing 25% more music poorly just draws more attention to it.  Slow down a little and play it well and you earn more points... unless there's a caption now for fastest extended tempo?  Last I saw, the extra point or so you get in visual and music analysis will turn around and cost you in brass, percussion, AND visual proficiency.  Likewise with GE, you get points for flying around the field, but they also deduct for how messy it looks and sounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Imagine a cadets closer for 10 minutes

Haha perfect explanation. 

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

But can you play it well?  Playing 25% more music poorly just draws more attention to it.  Slow down a little and play it well and you earn more points... unless there's a caption now for fastest extended tempo?  Last I saw, the extra point or so you get in visual and music analysis will turn around and cost you in brass, percussion, AND visual proficiency.  Likewise with GE, you get points for flying around the field, but they also deduct for how messy it looks and sounds.

Don't believe anyone is expecting the brass to win the JO award.