Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I called it a few pages back. :laughing:What do I get? 

A Hillary Clinton engraved hand cloth to wipe clean your computer as you go about your DCP future postings.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

A Hillary Clinton engraved hand cloth to wipe clean your computer as you go about your DCP future postings.

well that would be one effective "wiping cloth" lol

I saw what you guys were referring to with the "run and gun"

a lot more "Drill" in part 2 than I saw a week ago and pictured in the unlearned portion

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Barneveld said:

3f18a378-3e8a-477e-b820-dbb1267cead6_100

:laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

1 hour ago, whitedawn said:

...but not written by Jeff, so a little weird. Like biting a cookie and expecting an Oreo but getting a Hydrox.

And what is a Hydrox? 

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

:laughing::laughing:

And what is a Hydrox? 

Hydrox is the brand name for a creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookie manufactured by Leaf Brands. It originally debuted in 1908, and was manufactured by Sunshine Biscuits for over ninety years.[1] The similar Oreo cookie, introduced later in 1912, was inspired by the Hydrox. However, the Oreo eventually exceeded it in popularity which resulted in the Hydrox coming to be perceived as an imitator, even though it was the original.[2] Hydrox was largely discontinued in 1999 after Sunshine was acquired by Keebler, which would later be acquired by Kellogg's. In September 2015, the product was re-introduced by Newport Beach-based Leaf Brands. Compared to Oreos, Hydrox cookies have a tangy, less-sweet filling and a crunchier cookie that gets less soggy in milk.[3]

• Like 2

This show is very fun to watch and to listen to. Lots of running and gunning, which I enjoy. The drums are playing a ridiculous quantity of notes. The guard's work is very ambitious. The horns are aggressive but maybe a little sloppier than you'd like. As expected, it's a trainwreck so far, which is Standard Issue Cadets on June 11 or 12 of any year.

If we're interested in competing for a medal, we're doing it by making this statement: "We do what we do better than anyone else could possibly do it, and what we do is barely humanly possible."

My sense is that this doesn't win like it did 20 years ago, but who cares? It's just band and it's a lot of fun to watch.

• Like 1

I've watched the latest run a couple times now. I will say there's some serious "video compression" going on. Feels sped up by 10% or so. That, the wind and a few holes definitely makes it feel much more frantic than when I saw it in person 

I agree with others, a fun show which is a messy mess but with some editing and cleaning should be a great vehicle for the corps this summer. I'd also encourage you some of that "drill" in the jazz portion is test drill that may morph into staged ensembles before we even hit Indy

Cadets currently learning the final 2 minutes of drill and will be rehearsing the full show for a week prior to the Indy show