Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

38 positive, 16 meh/negative reactions. (looked at reactions from the preview video and the very first official show)

So 70/30. Close. 

Good call cappy, good call. I stand corrected then. It was SOME negative reactions. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

EVERYTHING by the Cadets should be FIRST CLASS. Or don't do it!

We seem to say this periodically on here. A couple things that are easy fixes come quickly to mind:
- Posting to Facebook a private email conversation wherein John Mackey says he's like to attend the 2016 DCI finals.
- This is a few weeks after posting to Facebook that he's never been a fan of John Mackey's music.
- I've seen several rule change proposals that look like they've been written by a junior high student.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Also for some reason was just thinking about this.  For 3 or the last 4 years Cadets have done shows about:

1.  History

2. Math

3. Church

Those are 3 topics that are really going to get me excited about a corps show!?!?!?!

I'm thinking in #3 you will like the "down and dirty" aspect in the middle of the show lol

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FTNK said:

You know I always give my raw, fiery-hot takes and admit when I am wrong. I done seen and marched some shows over the years so I like to think I am not just talking out of my ###. Anyhow I was gonna hold off until July, but I have seen Cadets, BD, Crown and Boston, and they are all on a different level that Kdets in both design and execution

Come on; I have seen Crown and Boston. Aren't you a bit out there to be making a statement like that? You didn't even mention BlueCoats. BD always gets my respect for what they bring every year.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Come on; I have seen Crown and Boston. Aren't you a bit out there to be making a statement like that? You didn't even mention BlueCoats. BD always gets my respect for what they bring every year.

Fan of the Arts

I Stand by it

8 minutes ago, YEAguy said:
Greetings from ADA, OHIO.

Well, that broadcast was not what we expected was it.?

Let's just say I did not take the time to personally review the plans, the setup, and the technology in place for the presentation this Sunday evening.

As my accountant friends tell me " Trust ... but verify"
I did not follow that advice. Indeed, I arrived at the facility about 7:20 pm. Not a good idea.

So now what ?

Well,
we are going to repeat the presentation

When?

This Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings.

The improved feed will be available to any member of the maroon and gold club. You can watch all three nights ... one night ... it's up to you. And if you missed it, NOT that you missed much, you can still join in. We will continue to run the campaign.

In the interim, tomorrow we will work with the team to figure out the issues, to work around the interference from the windmills behind the stadium, and to insure the presentation looks and sounds at least at a level of reasonable quality.

More tomorrow. We will be working with the Allentown team tomorrow to straighten out what we clearly less than should be expected.

Happy Sunday evening.

I am sorry to all who were disappointed.

Hop

Thanks! A stadium of that size typically would have a broadband line run to it - that's your best bet if available

If not tape it - and stream it half an hour or so after "live" when you can take it to where a hard connection is available or an N wifi signal

• Like 1

Looks to be a great season!

17 minutes ago, YEAguy said:

Let's just say I did not take the time to personally review the plans, the setup, and the technology in place for the presentation this Sunday evening.

I did not follow that advice. Indeed, I arrived at the facility about 7:20 pm. Not a good idea.

So now what ?

Well,

When?

The improved feed will be available to any member of the maroon and gold club. You can watch all three nights ... one night ... it's up to you. And if you missed it, NOT that you missed much, you can still join in. We will continue to run the campaign.

In the interim, tomorrow we will work with the team to figure out the issues, to work around the interference from the windmills behind the stadium, and to insure the presentation looks and sounds at least at a level of reasonable quality.

More tomorrow. We will be working with the Allentown team tomorrow to straighten out what we clearly less than should be expected.

Happy Sunday evening.

Hop

Thanks Hop!!

Appreciate the quick, and thoughtful response.  Look forward to these.

Even with the quality issues.  Already a couple of memorable visual moments that are better than anything in the show last year!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, YEAguy said:

So now what ?

Well,

When?

Happy Sunday evening.

Hop

Thank you sir.