Cadets 2017

40 minutes ago, Liahona said:

read up 4 posts ^

( read page 175,  "predictions " thread too.. both of us.. )

Edited by BRASSO

This may come as a surprise to some folks here in Cadetland, but I have nothing but respect for the Cadets.  In fact, I think they will probably end up having yet another great year, and I sure as heck am not "down on them" in any way.  It is impossible to guess what will happen when the two corps meet up on Saturday, but I will say this.  Cadets supporters need to know that IF Boston were to outscore Cadets, it would not necessarily mean the Cadets are doomed.  As one poster observed:  This is not your grandfather's BAC....they have arguably their best drum corps in history this year (particularly in the visual realm).

Truthfully, I think supporters of both corps should be celebrating the fact that one has lasted 83 years and the other 77 years!

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

This may come as a surprise to some folks here in Cadetland, but I have nothing but respect for the Cadets.  In fact, I think they will probably end up having yet another great year, and I sure as heck am not "down on them" in any way.  It is impossible to guess what will happen when the two corps meet up on Saturday, but I will say this.  Cadets supporters need to know that IF Boston were to outscore Cadets, it would not necessarily mean the Cadets are doomed.  As one poster observed:  This is not your grandfather's BAC....they have arguably their best drum corps in history this year (particularly in the visual realm).

Truthfully, I think supporters of both corps should be celebrating the fact that one has lasted 83 years and the other 77 years!

Well since I was quoting Cadet93 and I know you were actually talking about a FACT, I was not talking about you specifically. 

Feed looks good to me. I haven't followed this thread closely, so I was unaware that the corps was wearing choir robes. 

Do we know if any instructional changes have been made in the macro sense? There are some new caption heads and techs, but I'm curious if any larger scale philosophies have changed prior to the season.

41 minutes ago, craiga said:

Lots of respect for Cadets marchers, alums in the Boston region. 'Has been for decades.  The Boston region has sent hundreds of marchers, staffers to the Cadets over the decades... some of whom first got their first taste in marching and/ or teaching Drum Corps in a Boston region Drum Corps, including that of the Boston Crusaders. Heck, a Boston Crusaders Corps Director sent his kid to march the Cadets when that kid became of age. So theres  a lot of mutual respect among the alums of both these fine Corps. Both of whom were only a breath away from folding more than once in their long and distinquished histories. No matter what happens this season or next.. or the next 50 years, I believe most alums/ fans of these 2 Corps will continue to admire and respect one another.

Edited by BRASSO