Cadets 2017

7 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Simple - it's not a good design, musically or visually. That's why. I'm not being sarcastic either. Sometimes when someone is doing something for years and years it can become hard to see that what you are doing can maybe be better. Things can become stale. Good ideas can disappear. It can be hard not to have a fixed mindset.

I thought when Fiedler went to Vanguard and Mason to Madison that those two corps were going to be back in the top within a few years. It didn't happen in either case, yet Fiedler was responsible for a slew of championship shows with the Cavaliers (and bringing them from a lower placing finalist to champion), and Mason put some of the best shows on the field while he was with Star (growing them from literally nothing into a champion). It takes a team, the right team, not just one person or a few people. It takes leadership that values the contributions and opinions of all team members. I'm not saying Hopkins doesn't, because I have zero insight into the inner workings of the Cadets. I'm just saying it takes a team of people, and people willing to stand up and say, "Stop. Wait. What are we doing?" or "I'm not so sure about this." Things like that.

If the Cadets turn it around and make changes and give us a great design come August, I will be happy that I was wrong. All I have to judge them by is what I'm seeing on the field at this moment.

Wow guys!! Looks like the Cadets have found a designer! He REALLY knows the judging sheets well! I wish we found him sooner!

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wow guys!! Looks like the Cadets have found a designer! He REALLY knows the judging sheets well! I wish we found him sooner!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. They are welcome to consult me. I am happy to help them improve (for free).

• Like 1

Wow. The choir is wonderful. I usually dont enjoy singing in drum corps but they blend in very well

• Like 2

Just now, Brass34 said:

Wow. The choir is wonderful. I usually dont enjoy singing in drum corps but they blend in very well

it is extremely cool - it works very well in much of the show now - I know they'll work on balance etc constantly all season 

but the sound - when it works - is absolutely fantastic

• Like 2