Cadets 2017

I really thought the program worked much better tonight with (most of) the costumes.  I think I will wait to pass judgment until I see it live, but two basic comments:  1) i still feel the robes might be on a bit too long, and 2) the "12/8" section needs to be revamped.  I would definitely slow it down to give it more of down and dirty bluesy feel (see original recording of Mass and not the Nagano recording) and it should onclude a slow, constantly revolving block that disintergates to complete chaos with the choir riffing into mics and trombones and trumpets blaring into mics.  I would even have members breaching the front sideline and really pushing the action into the audience more.  They have a chance, but they really need to push it much further.  Much better feel for it after tonight. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

yeah that's the point I'm trying to make with him - we get it.

Is this a reincarnated corpsband ?  

• Like 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Come down to BOA San Antonio some time........we know how to make amazing music. 

:)

I've been actually. Twice. Musically some great stuff. But the electronics and the singing and the guitars and the kick lines or poms or whatever. It's a lot to take in between the good groups

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Hoooooo boy.

We'll see how things start off tomorrow with some official green-shirts involved, but right now I'm longing for the summer days of 2016.

Editors Note: I would LOVE to eat some crow tomorrow or next week or in August, so please... be sure to have some handy.

I dont really know what to think anymore lol..

I'll be positive and say I think it has potential.  I think that is the same thing I said at this point last year.

If any Cadet members read this.  Know this alumnus has no doubt you will pour your hearts and souls into this show!

The real fun starts tomorrow!

Edited by cadet93

3 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

I really thought the program worked much better tonight with (most of) the costumes.  I think I will wait to pass judgment until I see it live, but two basic comments:  1) i still feel the robes might be on a bit too long, and 2) the "12/8" section needs to be revamped.  I would definitely slow it down to give it more of down and dirty bluesy feel (see original recording of Mass and not the Nagano recording) and it should onclude a slow, constantly revolving block that disintergates to complete chaos with the choir riffing into mics and trombones and trumpets blaring into mics.  I would even have members breaching the front sideline and really pushing the action into the audience more.  They have a chance, but they really need to push it much further.  Much better feel for it after tonight. 

They "sway" SEC section needs to GO and yes, a big rotating block that eventually dissolves is exactly what the music sounds like. They could make that change in ONE DAY. I can tell who came up with that idea lol

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Just now, cadet93 said:

I dont really know what to think anymore lol..

I'll be positive and say I think it has potential.  I think that is the same thing I daid at this point last year.

If any Cadet members read this.  Know this alumnus has no doubt you will pour your hearts and souls into this show!

The real fun starts tomorrow!

I think there is potential there as well, and the members are no doubt performing.  But nothing grabbed me from that viewing.  

I hope a better read tomorrow in the theater will change my perspective.

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Paging @Cappybara to count.  

:14_relaxed:

LOL I legit laughed 

Sorry, a 600 page Cadets thread is beyond my abilities 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Is this a reincarnated corpsband ?  

Shh you're gonna summon him

• Like 2