Cadets 2017

Just now, FTNK said:

Like Kathy Lee needed Regis

I wonder if there will be any discomfort about such a religious show from more conservative audience members 

I'd think it would come from the LESS conservative members.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

I wonder if there will be any discomfort about such a religious show from more conservative audience members 

Not sure. Was there in 2012 when they did a Christmas show? Don't remember any. Quite liked that show and loved the all white uniforms.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, FTNK said:

The conservatives will love part 1 (the faithful) and part 3 (the forgiven) and anyone who loves the decadence and debauchery, part 2 (the fallen). All bases covered and then we have have BAC with witch trials. The season is covered!!

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Not sure. Was there in 2012 when they did a Christmas show? Don't remember any. Quite liked that show and loved the all white uniforms.

Cadets 2012 :17_heart_eyes::17_heart_eyes::17_heart_eyes::17_heart_eyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

The conservatives will love part 1 (the faithful) and part 3 (the forgiven) and the libs will love the decadence and debauchery of part 2 (the fallen). All bases covered and then we have have BAC with witch trials. The season is covered!!

Who says conservatives don't like a little decadence and debauchery? 

On occasion.

I don't even know.  :laughing:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Not sure. Was there in 201 2 when they did a Christmas show? Don't remember any. Quite liked that show and loved the all white uniforms.

There was no conservative push back in 1983 and those were much more conservative times for DCI than today.

IIRC correctly, 2012 saw only one MM (trumpet from Greater Philly) left due to subject of show, but he admitted HNC did have its history and origins with a Catholic church.

Not all the arrangers nor mms of the present program today are faith members to be sure but they embrace the show as an artistic challenge to perform. Ditto when Regiment played Ave Maria and Madison did the Judas show. I'm sure not all BAC mms believe in witchcraft though they form a pentagram.

No need to stir controversies where they aren't. Take it up with the new Artistic Director for DCI.

• Like 1

Just now, Tobias said:

The conservatives will love part 1 (the faithful) and part 3 (the forgiven) and the libs will love the decadence and debauchery of part 2 (the fallen). All bases covered and then we have have BAC with witch trials. The season is covered!!

Said in jest, I understand.  But the "libs love the decadence and debauchery" part is problematic.   The unwillingness to apply religious overtones to one's life does not mean one adopts decadence and debauchery.

Don't get me wrong - I'm an atheist, and I can still enjoy Cadets' show. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

There was no conservative push back in 1983 and those were much more conservative times for DCI than today.

IIRC correctly, 2012 saw only one MM (trumpet from Greater Philly) left due to subject of show, but he admitted HNC did have its history and origins with a Catholic church.

Not all the arrangers nor mms of the present program today are faith members to be sure but they embrace the show as an artistic challenge to perform. Ditto when Regiment played Ave Maria and Madison did the Judas show. I'm sure not all BAC mms believe in witchcraft though they form a pentagram.

No need to stir controversies where they aren't. Take it up with the new Artistic Director for DCI.

Who's stirring controversies? FTNK asked a valid question. I've seen that many times in my recent life. 

• Like 1