Cadets 2017

14 minutes ago, FTNK said:

1:49-3:51 is some classic Cadets stuff! Can't say we didn't run and gun. Kinda makes me feel ill remembering repping half of that piece over and over :laughing:

You really just made me pull out my DVD. I actually LOVED that part of the show. D@mn. 

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

You really just made me pull out my DVD. I actually LOVED that part of the show. D@mn. 

It was really hard :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 

Know what's cool? You and I both understand through the Cadets experience what it is like to work incredibly hard on something that difficult. An incredibly tiny percentage of the world know firsthand that experience. That's what it's all about

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FTNK said:

It was really hard :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 

Know what's cool? You and I both understand through the Cadets experience what it is like to work incredibly hard on something that difficult. An incredibly tiny percentage of the world know firsthand that experience. That's what it's all about

Kinda reminds me of why I almost didn't go back in 2000 after 1999. That 1999 show pretty much did it for me and I wanted no more parts of drum corps after that. 

5 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Kinda reminds me of why I almost didn't go back in 2000 after 1999. That 1999 show pretty much did it for me and I wanted no more parts of drum corps after that. 

Good thing you did. I just watched 2000 last night. You guys were just incredible. That drill was one of the best ever, IMO, and that show was probably THE greatest show ever from a GE perspective.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Good thing you did. I just watched 2000 last night. You guys were just incredible. That drill was one of the best ever, IMO, and that show was probably THE greatest show ever from a GE perspective.

I can tell you that there are a few people I marched with in 1999 who chose not to come back in 2000. They were kicking themselves when they saw us in 2000. I was almost 90% sure I wasn't going back until I got a call from one of the staff asking me to come back. Then Gino happened. Needless to say, I was sold. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I can tell you that there are a few people I marched with in 1999 who chose not to come back in 2000. They were kicking themselves when they saw us in 2000. I was almost 90% sure I wasn't going back until I got a call from one of the staff asking me to come back. Then Gino happened. Needless to say, I was sold. 

I can understand that. 1999 must have been a disappointing year for all, at least competitively. I haven't watched your 2000 show in years. A friend posted it on his wall last night and I watched it a couple times then and a couple times at work today. You guys were hauling ### throughout that show and were so clean. I seriously can't believe you went undefeated with how demanding that show was. And by that, I mean how were you not a mess in June? Must have been really exciting for you to come out of the gate so strong with such a demanding show. Really remarkable. Great guard too. 

Edited by henry7184

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I can understand that. 1999 must have been a disappointing year for all, at least competitively. I haven't watched your 2000 show in years. A friend posted it on his wall last night and I watched it a couple times then and a couple times at work today. You guys were hauling ### throughout that show and were so clean. I seriously can't believe you went undefeated with how demanding that show was. And by that, I mean how were you not a mess in June? Must have been really exciting for you to come out of the gate so strong with such a demanding show. Really remarkable. Great guard too. 

To be honest with you, after our first show, I didn't really understand why the crowd loved that show so much. I wasn't really a big fan of it. I also didn't understand why were were undefeated because I felt there many things that were dirty. I still remember that first show in Bloomington, IN where before we finished the end of the opener, the crowd was going bonkers (although, there were a lot of band kids). It wasn't really until San Antonio that I realized how special the show was at that time. 

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

To be honest with you, after our first show, I didn't really understand why the crowd loved that show so much. I wasn't really a big fan of it. I also didn't understand why were were undefeated because I felt there many things that were dirty. I still remember that first show in Bloomington, IN where before we finished the end of the opener, the crowd was going bonkers (although, there were a lot of band kids). It wasn't really until San Antonio that I realized how special the show was at that time. 

That's great. I remember seeing it during finals week (that was when I first saw it). I just sat there in complete awe. The part in your picture, while so cool, was just like 1 great moment in a show with 11.5 minutes of great moments.