Cadets 2017

"just leave these in the direct sun for 2 hours and we will have 320 perfectly poached eggs for tomorrow's Eggs Benedict brunch"

19264424_10155539520896349_7690806956917

"please God, let us move up from 8th to at least 5th or 4th in guard this year, we promise to treat even the Boston Crusaders as we would want to be treated"

19264659_10155536639326349_4898558086043

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Sure did.   A not so subtle "refreshing" word used in his reply.   A few others in my theater picked up on that too.   

In the theater thread people said many laughed and then cheered.  That is a little uncalled for in my opinion.  Jeff is a very proud Cadet.  He was involved with the corp in some way for 30 years.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

In the theater thread people said many laughed and then cheered.  That is a little uncalled for in my opinion.  Jeff is a very proud Cadet.  He was involved with the corp in some way for 30 years.

Wasn't any laughing in the theater I went to, but there was a bit of an "oh snap" reaction when he said it.

25 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Silly me.  I thought nothing of it.  It was not until someone text me and asked if I'd heard the "dig".  

Making mountains out of molehills.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Oh gosh never mind. You've lost perspective. I am not on Bostons thread commenting 20 times over about how bad they will be am I? 

I was responding to another prediction which had Cadets in 9th or 10th I believe and Boston in 5th beating BK Blue Stars, Regiment etc etc etc 

so settle down and stop making ridiculous statements and stop the 20 comments a day on how horrible Cadets show is 

one time, prediction thread, and in no way negative about design, members, ability - the Boston show is designed to move the corps upward in the competitive ranks. It should do that & of course it could possibly beat some of the upper tier box 5 group as it is designed to do the best possible with their membership and experience. I really believe if they have a good year (which they should!) 2018 is their season to write a Star 1989/90 type "we are way upping the bar" type program. This year's is not that. It is very good - the guard itself is top box (close) IMO. What my concern was in that post was that the fans are setting the corps up for "disappointment" if they finish - say - 8th or 9th (just a random example). Could they beat a Cadets or a Cavaliers at finals? Possibly but unlikely. Due to content. Nothing the members have control over. 

George it's called a debate. I haven't said anything you haven't said about Boston, and I said it in the Cadets thread because it's about the Cadets. Please ignore me. We don't need to have any more exchanges going forward. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Wasn't any laughing in the theater I went to, but there was a bit of an "oh snap" reaction when he said it.

What did he say? 

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

What did he say? 

He mentioned the openness and communication that the staff at Crown has and that it was quite refreshing.