Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Just a clarification, there's only one or two people making a fuss about this. Everyone else agrees it's completely overblown. 

That is true...I'm older and don't find it offensive...so...guess it's how you read it I guess...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

That is true...I'm older and don't find it offensive...so...guess it's how you read it I guess...

I'm older and I think he is bang on right

that said as a DM he is representing the entire organization and honestly shouldn't have posted his thoughts 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

that said as a DM he is representing the entire organization and honestly shouldn't have posted his thoughts 

I agree...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

He shouldn't have. Youthful indiscretion.  I'm just glad I didn't have access to this  technological wizardry to record all my impulsive thoughts for all posterity.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Liahona said:

They are upset over past BD drum major twitter comment:

"Old people taking time out of their boring lives to criticize young adults doing band much better than they used to do band is pure hilarity"

Just shows he goes onto DCI discussion forums for the right reasons... for a personal laugh. And it apparently delivers for him. Whats not to like ? His reply made me laugh too. .. lol.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

It seems most are rooting against the Cadets this season, but I'm still excited to see what happens for them. Go Cadets!

Well, maybe on here. Last night at the show the Canton/Massillon crowd really loved the Cadets. Their show is sensational. It really is. This show is so much better than last year. Night and Day (as Sinatra would say).  I really believe this show could catch fire and be one of the HOT shows coming down the stretch if they clean and make the right changes. 

• Like 5

Also, I was not really bothered by the narration. I did not find it too preachy, and in each case the narration is slowly faded out as other elements come into play.  The 8-piece Choral Octet is wonderful. The best use of singing that maybe I've ever heard on field (band or corps). You can tell they do not have the demand in the horn book that they typically do, but there is enough. No need to overdo things with this show.  I love the more refined approach they are taking to sound, musicality, and phrasing. Most of the other corps last night just rammed us with LOUD LOUD LOUD. Cadets do have to clean articulations and blending within the sections. There were plenty of stick outs and cleaning feet will be a major challenge for them. 

8 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Great job by the Cadets guard tonight. They must be thrilled. Nice to see their guard putting up good results. Since 1989, Cadets have often had my favorite guard work. I don't think this year will be an exception.

Yes, Cadets Guard was their nemesis the last couple of seasons, and if the 1st 2 show scores for this season are any barometer, it appears that they have improved this Corps section.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3