Cadets 2017

couple pictures from J Willis

Some photos from last night. They are not the greatest. My phone camera is not that good.  

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.willis.58/media_set?set=a.10155476177967053.1073741851.658647052&type=3

19417169_10155476178842053_4335013024112

• Like 2

11 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Great job by the Cadets guard tonight. They must be thrilled. Nice to see their guard putting up good results. Since 1989, Cadets have often had my favorite guard work. I don't think this year will be an exception.

With the guard receving the marks they're getting early; that only bodes well for the rest of the corps.   I am sure the battery and horn marks will go up.   Allentown already is looking good!

Fan of the Arts

• Like 4

I wanted to know something last night I was watching cadets hornline warm up but they didnt play rocky point before lining up does that eman that there not going to play it anymore ?

38 minutes ago, brassman84 said:

I wanted to know something last night I was watching cadets hornline warm up but they didnt play rocky point before lining up does that eman that there not going to play it anymore ?

To the best of my knowledge, it has not been included in their repertoire for this season.

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

So was it a Gino thing?

Well, I believe the arrangement of Rocky Point used last year was by Mr. Cipriani, but I don't know whether he or Cadets maintained the rights to that particular arrangement, nor whether the question of rights or some other association with him had anything to do with the decision not to play that or another arrangement of the piece.  The members were not told "why" as far as I know.

26 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

This was my favorite part of finals lots last year

Now that's an arm workout

• Like 1

I thought the Rocky Point warmup (and also the more recent additions to it) were arranged by Jay Bocook?  

Either way, I doubt the decision not to play it this year has anything to do with rights of the departed staff. 

Maybe just time to move on?  I will miss it, that's for sure.  And I'll miss seeing Gino conduct it.

Heck, I still miss when they used to play Cadillac of the Skies!

Edited by Tommeee
stupid tiny iPhone keyboard...
  • Like 1