Cadets 2017

Can I just say I feel vocals are like electronics or even playing really loud, now hear me out all of these things old or new can be really good if used well but for any of them if they are used in the wrong places (less so for playing loud) or too much they lose their effect, but used wisely each can add some great to a corps' performance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

may I have a link for the purposes of education, analysis and critique

As I have no frame of reference, I too would like to enrich my mind so in the future I could "make memories of a lifetime."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, c.l. said:

As I have no frame of reference, I too would like to enrich my mind so in the future I could "make memories of a lifetime."

I second this...please

25 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Can you imagine if Cadets did something like Cavies' "My Way" prerecorded ending? that use of vocals is atrocious 

Really depends on the context. Not sure how well something like that would come off with the Cadets because they don't have the boyish swagger and bravado of the Cavaliers that allows them to pull something like that off. 

Just doesn't fit the identity of the Cadets. 

Though id definitely prefer if the Cavies just went without it

9 hours ago, Fan of the Arts said:

You may not be 100% sold but you sure sound like you're close.  Oh what the hell, take the plunge.

Fan of the Arts

I'm with Tekk on the not-quite-sold-yet.  For whatever reason, the first few viewings of the show left an extremely bad taste in my mouth.  But stranger things have certainly happened throughout the course of a drum corps season and hopefully, once the memory of the initial perception begins to fade (and they continue to refine the show), I too will see the light.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The choir is fabulous.  Best vocals this year hands down. 

The words should be displayed on the Jumbotron with a pouncy ball so we can all sing along. Programs are about the props, costumes and guard anyway. Right now the Cadets guard is the cats-meow. Everything else is just back-up music. 

14 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Either am I. But I've never been a fan of vocals or voice. IMO the guard is spinning and tossing better than most right now, but the difficulty of work is not at the level of 5 or 6 other guards I've seen to date. Once those other guards clean up placement will change accordingly. 

It's called Murphy's Law.  Cadets were bound to finally put together a good show after several years of dismal design, now that they have don't miss out because you have issues with vocals or voice.  Poppycock; I don't think this Cadet guard is going away already a full point ahead of Crown.  Take a look at their work they're doing......I could use several adjectives: stunning, flawless, beautiful.  I personally love the work that Kristy and Joe do together!  The most significant improvement of this Cadets guard is not only the staging but the weapons line is absolutely sticking their catches this early in the season.  If you look closer you will see some familiarity with the 83 Cadets guard.  Prepare yourself Poppycock because this Cadets guard will be in the running for the caption award come Indy.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

I'm with Tekk on the not-quite-sold-yet.  For whatever reason, the first few viewings of the show left an extremely bad taste in my mouth.  But stranger things have certainly happened throughout the course of a drum corps season and hopefully, once the memory of the initial perception begins to fade (and they continue to refine the show), I too will see the light.

Chaddyt; are you even willing to believe the Cadets show will get better?  The energy coming out of Cadet-land is unbelievably positive from top to bottom and your "not quite sold yet" attitude (say that with love) sounds just like Tekk's and that you're waiting for that one moment to push you over the edge.  Hold on because it's coming.

Fan of the Arts