Cadets 2017

7 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

No, there's a tag they have and will continue to work on for the next couple days. It's supposed to be in around Orlando.

7 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

There is music and drill in the works for the new ending.  Supposedly done by July 6.  Don't know when they will put it on the field. 

Fan of the Arts

Thanks for the information. 

3 hours ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Chaddyt; are you even willing to believe the Cadets show will get better?  The energy coming out of Cadet-land is unbelievably positive from top to bottom and your "not quite sold yet" attitude (say that with love) sounds just like Tekk's and that you're waiting for that one moment to push you over the edge.  Hold on because it's coming.

Fan of the Arts

Anything is possible, sure.  They certainly seem to be winning over some staunch critics already.  I just can't go blindly along with those assessments until I see the show for myself.  I don't doubt the positive energy, and I'm glad members and staff seem to be firing on all cylinders right now.  Really glad to see the guard doing well.

My primary struggle right now is their treatment of the source material as a soundtrack for a Catholic redemption tale, which was not Bernstein's MO at all.  If they can tweak that and make the show literally less preachy (#letusPRAY), then I'm sure I'll begin to come around.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, wilme861 said:

I personally just competed against myself every performance.

I never competed against myself. I always measured myself by my peers. What's the point of "personal perfection" if a competing corps puts a beatdown on my corps? Even worse, what's the point of it if my corps is beaten by hundredths of a point? THAT would drive me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The windows are too dark IMO. They are being redone so we shall see

They should be made to have more context with the show. Stained glass in churches aren't there for decoration. They teach. Some churches use the Stations of the Cross. Others have the stories of the Church Fathers. It's really a missed opportunity thematically to have them in a random pattern.

I will be looking forward to seeing them live in Allentown this Friday. The theater preview for me didn't really sway me one way or the other.  Drum corps is always better live any way so I can't wait.

13 minutes ago, wallace said:

They should be made to have more context with the show. Stained glass in churches aren't there for decoration. They teach. Some churches use the Stations of the Cross. Others have the stories of the Church Fathers. It's really a missed opportunity thematically to have them in a random pattern.

True. They were to teach what for centuries was a mostly illiterate population.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyt said:

I'm with Tekk on the not-quite-sold-yet.  For whatever reason, the first few viewings of the show left an extremely bad taste in my mouth.  But stranger things have certainly happened throughout the course of a drum corps season and hopefully, once the memory of the initial perception begins to fade (and they continue to refine the show), I too will see the light.

I was with you. The video I recently saw is a far cry from the initial videos I saw. They are good. Very good.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, wallace said:

I saw so many re writes (for the better!!!) in a new run-through vid.  Cadets seem to be in a bit of catch-up to the top 5.  It truly looks like the designers have a handle on this show and also realize the power of their guard, being they they are in focus and front n center.  

Cadets are getting really good really fast.

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, shawn craig said:

True. They were to teach what for centuries was a mostly illiterate population.

Exactly! They could have used Peter in the windows symbolizing the theme. For example, they could have walking on the water for Faithful, denying Christ for Fallen, and the resurrected Christ thrice forgiving Peter for Forgiven.