Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Then by all means never ever lay horizontal or leaning off to the side while standing within a wheel while playing.

Agreed! 

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Then by all means never ever lay horizontal or leaning off to the side while standing within a wheel while playing.

Who's doing this? 

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Who's doing this? 

Many corps have had brass members sprawled on the field over the years and SCV this year with the leaning within their wheel props.  But, that position is not as bad as what Tobias mentioned.

Edited by Ghost

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Many corps have had brass members sprawled on the field over the years and SCV this year with the leaning within their wheel props.  But, that position is not as bad as what Tobias mentioned.

I see I see. 

I am an east coast-er that hasn't seen the cadet's production this year. Also a grad school student that's too poor to buy the streaming and shows won't be near me until towards the end of July. Wouldn't mind if someone just might happen to inbox me a present that would make my day. Really want to see what they've fielded this year. I've seen nearly everyone else via periscope, youtube, social media, etc. Cadets have been a tough cookie to find for me!

9 hours ago, Usually Mistified said:

I'll bite - Blue Devils. The first 6 minutes of the show do not grab me. Visual trips down memory lane did not go well for their Bay area rivals in 1992 either. The color guard rifle spins and the sideline company front certainly give a base to "morph" from but the amount of time devoted to it, imo, is excessive. The butterfly flag spins is also very historic - they've been used numerous times by BD color guard. They may still win high brass, but a fourth place finish is not unheard of for the Blue Devils - its just unheard of in twelve years, 2005 and twelve years before that in 1993.

Predicting a 4th place finish for the winningest corps in DCI history performing a show that's literally about transformation (hint: the show's gonna change over the course of the season) 

bold move.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Predicting a 4th place finish for the winningest corps in DCI history performing a show that's literally about transformation (hint: the show's gonna change over the course of the season) 

bold move.

Just as bold as the people that have the 12th place corps from last year going up to Top 6 or even Top 5. Every year is different so anything can happen. Blue Devils will drop out of the top 3 sometime...who knows when though lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yogitom said:

No disrespect to SCV, but I would say they would be the most likely. When was the last time they were in the top 3? In the last 10 years they've been mostly 4-5 with a few 6's and a 7th thrown in. I know it's their anniversary year, but I don't understand why so many people (not just you) have them pegged for a top 3 finish.

Because they're awesome!