Cadets 2017

I'm sitting here in Allentown watching Cadets rehearsal, and I literally CANNOT believe how great this sounds and looks!!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I'm sitting here in Allentown watching Cadets rehearsal, and I literally CANNOT believe how great this sounds and looks!!

Yeah they be good. I can't wait until the rest of the DCI world gets to see the program in a couple weeks once the end is on, its cleaner and all the corps are together. I strongly believe Bluecoats and Cadets have the 2 "shows of the year"

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yeah they be good. I can't wait until the rest of the DCI world gets to see the program in a couple weeks once the end is on, its cleaner and all the corps are together. I strongly believe Bluecoats and Cadets have the 2 "shows of the year"

I can't say that I disagree with you...I say that not having seen BD and SCV live, but this Cadets show is more a CADETS show than I've seen in the last couple of years.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Check inbox.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I strongly believe Bluecoats and Cadets have the 2 "shows of the year"

I agree with you - but SCV needs to be added to this. Their show is spectacular. They have a real shot at winning it all, IMO. BD's off the line is off the hook. I am certain they will be right up there too...the 1/2 half of their show needs work IMO, but one would be a fool to ever count out BD.

• Like 3

Just finished watching the video from the Pittsburgh performance last night...

The show has really started to solidify. It's obvious they have a vision in mind and know where they're going. That guard is impressive, and it's hard to take your eyes off them. Most improved caption from last season. I was on the fence with the choir before, but it works and is a clever use of voice. Hauntingly beautiful at certain points. Not crazy about the use of, or rather lack of use of, the stained glass windows -- it seems like a missed opportunity there (but that may just be my Catholic upbringing coming out). Maybe that'll change? Anyway, they've improved much in a short amount of time. Look forward to seeing them live!

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Just finished watching the video from the Pittsburgh performance last night...

The show has really started to solidify. It's obvious they have a vision in mind and know where they're going. That guard is impressive, and it's hard to take your eyes off them. Most improved caption from last season. I was on the fence with the choir before, but it works and is a clever use of voice. Hauntingly beautiful at certain points. Not crazy about the use of, or rather lack of use of, the stained glass windows -- it seems like a missed opportunity there (but that may just be my Catholic upbringing coming out). Maybe that'll change? Anyway, they've improved much in a short amount of time. Look forward to seeing them live!

I agree about the guard. I LOVE their work in the second movement. Where they are up front - the exchanges, flag work and rifle work - all so good. 

My only criticism is the narration. I feel it doesn't add to the show. The choir I love. The only other time I have liked vocals in drum corps was 2013 Crown (not the ballad - God forbid, the opener). 

Lovely colors in this show too. 

I have to say I have never been so wrong about a show in my life. I thought for certain they were doomed based on the preseason videos I saw. Not the case at all, fortunately. 

I have watched this show far more than any other show this season - just beautiful.

• Like 5