Cadets 2017

After hearing this show live this week, I am becoming a bit obsessed with the choir.  There are times when they are just absolutely mesmerizing.  I love it.  The "Almighty Father" section, especially, gives me goosebumps.  

I would have never believed that a choral group in drum corps could make me feel this way.  They really are making me look at things in an entirely different way. 

Edited by Tommeee
  • Like 7

58 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

The "Almighty Father" section, especially, gives me goosebumps.  

If a person doesn't feel at least some positive emotion from that section, I question their humanity.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

If a person doesn't feel at least some positive emotion from that section, I question their humanity.

I question Humanity's humanity. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommeee said:

After hearing this show live this week, I am becoming a bit obsessed with the choir.  There are times when they are just absolutely mesmerizing.  I love it.  The "Almighty Father" section, especially, gives me goosebumps.  

I would have never believed that a choral group in drum corps could make me feel this way.  They really are making me look at things in an entirely different way. 

Especially at the end of the show (well, what is the end of the show right now). Those last few chords have me feeling some kinda way. I also think the guard adds a lot to the emotion of that moment. They look great from what I've seen but once they get that part pristine, that is going to be a moment. I can't wait to see this live on Sunday. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Especially at the end of the show (well, what is the end of the show right now). Those last few chords have me feeling some kinda way. I can't wait to see this live on Sunday. 

Attended rehearsals Wednesday and last night, and the vocals are very nicely integrated. The early simple trumpet solo is nice too. So much warm sound with some powerful movements thrown in...unlike any Cadets stuff I've heard in a while.  I'm loving where this show is going.

Going up tonight for the real thing....as long as the boomers stay north of Allentown! I heard Genesis had some housing issues last night and the show order is shaken up. Genesis last, right after Cadets. We'll see!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

Attended rehearsals Wednesday and last night, and the vocals are very nicely integrated. The early simple trumpet solo is nice too. So much warm sound with some powerful movements thrown in...unlike any Cadets stuff I've heard in a while.  I'm loving where this show is going.

Going up tonight for the real thing....as long as the boomers stay north of Allentown! I heard Genesis had some housing issues last night and the show order is shaken up. Genesis last, right after Cadets. We'll see!

#Jealous. 

Last year at almost every tour stop people told me The Cadets Stoned show was "Interesting but not Exciting".This year The Cadets are Interesting and Exciting.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

#Jealous. 

And there couldn't have been more than 50 people there either night. I just don't get it. Even if I lived next door and knew nothing about Drum Corps, I'd be checking it out. Folks missed out on a ton of entertainment. Only saw 2 full runs, at the end of each night, but was thoroughly entertained for three hours each night.

• Like 2

Why are so many BAC fans seemingly rooting against Cadets? Don't write  a positive or hopeful comment about cadets in a show thread or they will pounce all over you :unsure:

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Especially at the end of the show (well, what is the end of the show right now). Those last few chords have me feeling some kinda way. I also think the guard adds a lot to the emotion of that moment. They look great from what I've seen but once they get that part pristine, that is going to be a moment. I can't wait to see this live on Sunday. 

Try and not injure yourself lol 

#mudpuddlegate