Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

You're morphing 8 months of events into one sentence. Darryl was replaced by Bobby Jones (who's doing a great job) back in the fall, Sal Salas only has/had a limited consulting role as which Sully also has. The Brass change may be only new change.

And as I said, in one season.

Daryl was writing the visual up until a camp in a December I believe when they fired him as he was supposed to be getting on a flight to camp.

Sal Salas and Mark Sylvester were both brought in and have both been let go.

Micheal Terry was fired!

Either way still speaks volumes of the organization....I certainly wouldn't want to work there.

Theres a reason why I stopped donating my $34 a long time ago..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

Daryl was writing the visual up until a camp in a December I believe when they fired him as he was supposed to be getting on a flight to camp.

Micheal Terry was fired!

Either way still speaks volumes of the organization....I certainly wouldn't want to work there.

The changes made were positive because the show is solid design wise. Visual, drill, concept. As far as brass, I'll wait until a confirmed "replacement" is announced. 

As far as your donation, I'm a supporter through thick and thin. That's just how I roll. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tobias said:

You're morphing 8 months of events into one sentence. Darryl was replaced by Bobby Jones (who's doing a great job) back in the fall, Sal Salas only has/had a limited consulting role as which Sully also has. The Brass change may be only new change.

Exactly. Boy people sure are nasty toward the Cadets. Gets extremely old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

Micheal Terry was fired!

You're not only ill-informed you clearly have an ax to grind

no one was "writing drill" in December 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sched88 said:

They're closer to the Cavaliers but Crown has pulled farther ahead.

One show does not a trend make.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well, the difference here is there was a full panel, something there was not when the last few times these two meant. I would put a lot more weight in a spread based on a full panel than a partial panel. I also think now that SCV and Bluecoats have seen each other, there are 4 corps lumped at the top (BD, Bloo, SCV and Crown) a good 2 points in front of the Cadets/Cavaliers.

I do think the Cadets are going to pass the Cavaliers.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It does not, but I am looking at the past few years where they just never seemed to make up the gap.  Hoping it's not this year but I am being realistic.

3 minutes ago, sched88 said:

It does not, but I am looking at the past few years where they just never seemed to make up the gap.  Hoping it's not this year but I am being realistic.

See how tonight goes 

Just now, George Dixon said:

See how tonight goes 

For sure!  Would like to see them pass the Cavaliers (nothing against them).

32 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well, the difference here is there was a full panel, something there was not when the last few times these two meant. I would put a lot more weight in a spread based on a full panel than a partial panel. I also think now that SCV and Bluecoats have seen each other, there are 4 corps lumped at the top (BD, Bloo, SCV and Crown) a good 2 points in front of the Cadets/Cavaliers.

I do think the Cadets are going to pass the Cavaliers.

Don't forget last year around this time Cadets were scoring +2 over the Cavaliers at some shows and we all know how that turned out. It's way to early to tell. All it takes is one GE judge to not like the show.  Last night was a prime example.That's why I like the panels with 4 GE judges, it kind of checks and balances the others.

Edited by GREENBLUE