Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Crown won't medal IMO and Cadets had a terrible run last night 

I would tend to agree with this, but only because of Crown's visual/GE book in the last part of the show. However, Crown performs really well. Much better than SCV. If Santa Clara doesn't clean enough and if they don't fix some of their GE issues, I could see Crown back in the 3 spot.  Would love to see  Cadets get within a point or less of Crown by San Antonio. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

And as I said, in one season.

Daryl was writing the visual up until a camp in a December I believe when they fired him as he was supposed to be getting on a flight to camp.

Sal Salas and Mark Sylvester were both brought in and have both been let go.

Micheal Terry was fired!

Either way still speaks volumes of the organization....I certainly wouldn't want to work there.

Theres a reason why I stopped donating my $34 a long time ago..

I believe Marc Sylvester has had a hand in this year's show. Am I wrong about that?  And yes, nobody was writing drill in December of last season.  While I am not an insider, I think your info is off here. 

cadets not in minn tonight??

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Me thinks they're in rainy Orlando 

oh crud lol.

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I don't understand when people make these comments. Can you elaborate? We had this said about Bluecoats in the Rockford show thread. 150 people had a bad run on the same night? Doubtful. Based on my experience sometimes you, as an individual, may be better or worse one night, but it's hard to quantify a bad run as a whole. 

I'll take a crack at this with regard to Bluecoats last night. First, the bass trombones were way behind the rest of the octet / pit at the beginning of Psychopomp. There was a war going on between the pit and brass for virtually all of the ballad. The euph solo could not be heard because of a mic failure. There were other uncharacteristic ensemble fails but you get the drift.

There are some people who have seen a vast majority of the runs a corps does, both practice and performance and intimately know a specific corps' show. They know when a corps nails a performance or has a bad run.

As far as Bluecoats are concerned, my greatest concern going forward is that they are inconsistent as far as good vs. rough runs go. This inconsistency could be the difference between gold and fourth.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I'll take a crack at this with regard to Bluecoats last night. First, the bass trombones were way behind the rest of the octet / pit at the beginning of Psychopomp. There was a war going on between the pit and brass for virtually all of the ballad. The euph solo could not be heard because of a mic failure. There were other uncharacteristic ensemble fails but you get the drift.

There are some people who have seen a vast majority of the runs a corps does, both practice and performance and intimately know a specific corps' show. They know when a corps nails a performance or has a bad run.

As far as Bluecoats are concerned, my greatest concern going forward is that they are inconsistent as far as good vs. rough runs go. This inconsistency could be the difference between gold and fourth.

And still won by almost a point. That's strong 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I believe Marc Sylvester has had a hand in this year's show. Am I wrong about that?  And yes, nobody was writing drill in December of last season.  While I am not an insider, I think your info is off here. 

No one was putting dots on paper (so to speak) in December, but corps begin designing shows in the fall and typically the drill writer has been hired and is part of that process. 

34 minutes ago, jpaul said:

No one was putting dots on paper (so to speak) in December, but corps begin designing shows in the fall and typically the drill writer has been hired and is part of that process. 

After the 2016 drill he wrote can anyone question the wisdom of his departure? I mean, seriously 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

Regarding the comments of the cadets having a bad performance last night, from what I've heard the guard had a bad run and there was a large ensemble tear  involving the percussion in part two 

• Like 1