Cadets 2017

9 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

DCP is so funny.  One week the hot post is "Can Cadets medal"  now its everyone saying when will BAC pass Cadets.

We are so impatiently reactive it's hilarious.  Does no one remember Crown 2015, and how they surged after the ending was added/tweaked the week before San Antonio.

I am by no means saying Cadets will have the same results Crown did in 2015.  They do not have the brass or guard talent.  

However, the doomsday talk is very premature.

This is soooo true and exactly what I was thinking. People  are so fickl. We all need to take the long game like most corps are doing! 

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

DCP is so funny.  One week the hot post is "Can Cadets medal"  now its everyone saying when will BAC pass Cadets.

We are so impatiently reactive it's hilarious.  Does no one remember Crown 2015, and how they surged after the ending was added/tweaked the week before San Antonio.

I am by no means saying Cadets will have the same results Crown did in 2015.  They do not have the brass or guard talent.  

Oh amen!!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Except Crown 2015 didn't seem to stagnate. Cadets 2017 seem to be stagnating. They're taking years to put a cap on the bottle, they still are not correcting mistakes (or it seems like they aren't), and they are lacking consistency through each show. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Except Crown 2015 didn't seem to stagnate. Cadets 2017 seem to be stagnating. They're taking years to put a cap on the bottle, they still are not correcting mistakes (or it seems like they aren't), and they are lacking consistency through each show. 

They need you on faculty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Didn't you love it a week ago??

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Didn't you love it a week ago??

I still love it. However I do not like stagnation. If you're not getting better, you're stagnating. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I still love it. However I do not like stagnation. If you're not getting better, you're stagnating. 

Well young corps, rain canceling  rehearsals and shows, and learning the restaging and two minutes of drill and music, and what you get is 10 days of stagnation. We will know more Saturday

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Well young corps, rain canceling  rehearsals and shows, and learning the restaging and two minutes of drill and music, and what you get is 10 days of stagnation. We will know more Saturday

Ten days in drum corps is like ten years of someone's life. The season ends in a blip. I understand what they've been going through, however I don't really buy those "excuses" and I am not particularly sure The Cadets are using those excuses either. 

• Like 3

For anyone that's been around long enough, let them get the closer on the field and start cleaning.  No one cleans like the Cadets and the foundation of this year is light years ahead of 2016.  May not ending up a top tier (1-3) project but it ain't going to be a dumpster fire either.

• Like 4