Cadets 2017

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I love the Coats this year - however "interesting music" isn't why. It's the staging, design and super high performance levels

The music is really standard drum corps fare - played many many times over the years in most cases. 

I don't know,  George.  I never heard of Thank you Scientist until Bloo.  And I don't think anyone ever played Zomby Woof! 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I love the Coats this year - however "interesting music" isn't why. It's the staging, design and super high performance levels

The music is really standard drum corps fare - played many many times over the years in most cases. 

Agree. I like the music. But the performance levels are absolutely amazing from beginning to end.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I don't think any of us know. I do know they are two sided so eventually they will be flipped over to the other side

They've also hinted that the guard will be going behind them to bring out some fabric etc during the finale - sounds like some large sail flags or something similar

As long as it's not Oprah or the Capital tarps I'll be ok with angel wings. 

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

Or Jesus being crucified with a huge tarp of Mary.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Because safe is death.

(Also: no kids want to play Bernstein when Bluecoats are out there playing ZAPPA.)

Well that's an unfair generalization. I would rather listen to Bernstein and nothing more than listen to Zappa. And when I was 18 years old, I would have rather listened to Bernstein and nothing more than listen to Zappa, or play Zappa. To each his own, but there are many many members in today's drum corps that love classical music.

And just for the record, if I were marching this year, I would want to march SCV then Cadets (even over Bluecoats). I'd rather play something I'm passionate about and possibly finish 7th than play something I wasn't passionate about and potentially finish 1st.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don't know,  George.  I never heard of Thank you Scientist until Bloo.  And I don't think anyone ever played Zomby Woof! 

"In most cases"

especially when you look at the three year span of their Rep 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I greatly doubt a tarp is in our future lol

• Like 4

Heard the ending, I'd say I am a fan. It's pretty much the old one but with some added phrases, some different key changes, and some callbacks that really complete the program. Good stuff, almost made me tear up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The music is really standard drum corps fare - played many many times over the years in most cases

Are you talking about the Bluecoats with that statement?  Over the past 4 years do they even have 1 piece that has been played many, many times?  Am I misunderstanding your thought process here?