Cadets 2017

So this means I will see them with a full corps marching for the first time!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

So this means I will see them with a full corps marching for the first time!  

I think that's the plan!

I have been watching this forum for some time now (a lot of you are extremely passionate), and finally feel compelled to weigh in:

I don't know whether The Cadets will finish 3, 4, 5, 8, etc. I do know that over the last few years, things have gotten a lot more unpredictable, and that is a good thing. If the Blue Knights have come up with a great team effort this year, are working their butts off and are knocking on the door, this does not constitute a crisis.  Good for them.  I'm looking forward to seeing it in San Antonio. And if the Crusaders have money to spend and have assembled a bunch of effective pieces into a high scoring show, that's fine too.  Drum corps is changing.  It's going to take more money and more creativity, so the kind of experimentation we are seeing this year is great. 

At the end of the day, though, the most pleasing show doesn't always win. It comes down to execution and cleanliness, as Crown found out two years ago when Blue Devils nipped them at the end. If The Cadets can get the sound and other technical issues worked out and then with a full corps these hundred and fifty kids can groove together, anything can happen. And I think that's how it should be.  

• Like 5