Cadets 2017

2 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Another reason I question the logic of the whole Bernstein deal

perhaps the benefits of the deal will be more off field from the concerts with the NY Philharmonic at Central Park, the greater exposure of the corps with that level of financial philanthropy, the greater exposure of the corps in NYC, and other aspects yet to be imagined.

BAC seemed to do well with their relationship at Tanglewood and ensembles and their very diligent work in the Financial District of Boston. The challenges and off-season efforts of admin of any corps aren't always known or appreciated in the summer grandstands.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Another reason I question the logic of the whole Bernstein deal

Except he is just speculating and we know next to nothing about the deal.

41 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Except he is just speculating and we know next to nothing about the deal.

Sort of like you and Henry speculating about what the judges are saying in their critiques regarding uniforms, etc.

Wouldn't it be cool if Cadets stayed with the religious topic but moved in a different direction for their 2018 program and did an exorcist type show? That'd be really cool

14 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Sort of like you and Henry speculating about what the judges are saying in their critiques regarding uniforms, etc.

Sure it's exactly the same.

Except I/we have the scores to go by - pretty clear they aren't "wowed" -- so there is that.

You seem cranky lately. 

Edited by George Dixon

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

You seem cranky lately. 

I'm not the one repeating my personal complaints about the show flaws over and over, as if the Cadets are scouring this forum to find the error of their ways.

4 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I'm not the one repeating my personal complaints about the show flaws over and over, as if the Cadets are scouring this forum to find the error of their ways.

Off topic. Which drum major is your profile pic lol

I just got back from tonight's show site.  Colts look much better than last year.  They currently have 7 holes due to injuries (ankles).  One guard member accidentally hit a baritone player in the head in the gym so he is out for concussion protocol.  It is just not the Cadets that are dealing with injuries this year.  It will be perfect weather for tonight's show.  There could be an issue with wind as it comes and goes.  Hopefully by tonight wind won't be an issue.  

I was surprised to see the number of tickets already purchased for this event.  It is not a sell-out, but pretty close.  There are no seats available between the 30 yard lines.