Cadets 2017

You are entitled to your opinion. I just want to note that in the original source of MASS, the character is the actual Celebrant/officiant who is having doubts at times about his vocation, his effectiveness, and his future. Although the member of the Vocal Ensemble entrusted with that role is perfectly mimicking the Celebrant for those parts he speaks, the show precludes much of the doubt, denial, and transformation of the Celebrant. That's a show design point some may dislike. The problem isn't the mm performer, it's what the design team chose.

The effectiveness in a football stadium of the chosen Celebrant spoken parts is a different discussion. The mm does it well, but perhaps not doing it all would be more effective.  

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

You are entitled to your opinion. I just want to note that in the original source of MASS, the character is the actual Celebrant/officiant who is having doubts at times about his vocation, his effectiveness, and his future. Although the member of the Vocal Ensemble entrusted with that role is perfectly mimicking the Celebrant for those parts he speaks, the show precludes much of the doubt, denial, and transformation of the Celebrant. That's a show design point some may dislike. The problem isn't the mm performer, it's what the design team chose.

The effectiveness in a football stadium of the chosen Celebrant spoken parts is a different discussion. The mm does it well, but perhaps not doing it all would be more effective.  

Exactly right. What works in a theater doesn't always work in a football stadium. What works in an hours long production doesn't translate to a 13 minute one

• Like 1

Can we call it the "celebrant" not the "officiant"?  This show being about the Catholic mass and such. If the person you are discussing is supposed to be the person saying the mass, that would be the priest, or celebrant. In a civil ceremony, officiant would be used more typically. We "celebrate" the mass, hence, celebrant. 

• Like 2

I'm super sure this has been addressed, but I don't want to dig through the thread and I'm excited in my own little bubble about something small but making me happy.

I'm watching the DeKalb run and cheered to myself (and chuckled) that they finally added in the "and it was god #### good" in the opening lines of the show from "God Said". I love it! Good job Cadets!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E3D said:

GHOP LOL :spitting:

thank_you_for_input_sherlock.gif

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

crownisking photos on the Brass Impact Olathe thread shows stained glass windows (even more of them) now all purples and later all the light blues we have anticipated. Interesting photos.

Looks like same number, just all match now and the design is bolder 

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/QMbfush

• Like 1

I am back from the show and I must say that I was impressed with the entire show.  I am usually not a fan of vocalists, but they blended and fit in the entire  production very well.  The change in color scheme of the last panels were effective.  They matched their last uniform.  I could see the entire corps getting into this show.  There was a noticeable difference in flag execution between the Cadets and Blue Stars and Phantom Regiment.  They were clean.  I thought the guard did a great job tonight.  The change of uniforms went smoothly tonight.  The battery does some cool things at times.  If I had  to put  one word to this show I would say, "regal."  The over sized double gold lame swing flags at the end are effective.  

I kept checking for holes tonight and didn't notice any so I am taking it that everyone marched tonight.  I definitely don't see this show being passed by anyone else and possibly moving up a spot or two in the end.  As you can tell, this show won me over!

• Like 6

I know except for San Antonio performance times you can't compare scores from one contest to another, I mean different slates, different venue conditions, different weather, different grass conditions, different concessions, BUT

Cadets outpointed Boston by a full point tonite. Let the next 37 years begin. Just saying,, in a purely fraternal Go East way.

• Like 1