Cadets 2017

Odd thing about this show is people don’t like the narration (officiant) and I usually hate narration but I like it here. The dude does a killer job as it sounds a lot like my recorded version, it punctuates  the piece

At this point in the season, this is your show. Maybe a few tweaks but a major re-write won’t change much with placement. Just clean, have fun, and enjoy the rest of the summer. Being known as the unfun corps to march is worse than a placement position

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

we have to be a little more real with the fact that Crown & Coats weren't at the top of the heap in 1999/2000

Cavaliers/BD were the "competition"  - if you back out those two additions (and Crusaders etc) Cadets would be in 3rd or 4th right now. SCV has been always been there obviously

My point is - some of it has to do with other corps improving as well. When it comes to placement. Design - lost a lot of design folks to Coats & Crown - so there ya go

I think it has much more to do with the Cadets decline than the rise of other corps. If the Cadets were executing designs like this in the 80s, 90s and 00s (relative to designs those years), they would have been a 6-8th place corps then too.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

Just now, henry7184 said:

I think it has much more to do with the Cadets decline than the rise of other corps. If the Cadets were executing designs like this in the 80s, 90s and 00s (relative to designs those years), they would have been a 6-8th place corps.

it's a combination - that's the only point I'm trying to make

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I actually like your postings and rarely have an issue with them

I know you care and you're (mostly) being constructive!

Thanks, George -- I know I tend bust your balls on here but I really have a lot of respect for you

We all just want the corps to be great in every way

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Hop just posted that they need sewing volunteers and are planning to "bedazzle the world."

Nah, I think they are just looking for people to sew together a really big piece of silk for the closer ...

tumblr_nu08wth1zo1uyzgbao1_500.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I think it needs to be totally new - music that has never been done before. It needs to be a theme like SCV, BK or Bluecoats, not a story line. It needs to be not so literal. 

I still think if they took off those robes on the horn line they would fair better.

Agreed. Their best shows throughout history are typically not story based. 2005 being the exception. Have engaging music, execute on marching, and integrate the guard. It's all they need. No need to go overboard with symbols and theme. As stated many times on here "less is more"

• Like 4