Cadets 2017

6 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Well, and we are glad to have them here in Canton! :) Love me some Bloo too.  Bloo themselves is another corps that needs to do some serious cleaning now, but I know they will get that done

Yep, hiring them was great move for the organization. I looked at their staff page for the first time and was struck by how many of them were Cadets tuba alums. Paco Nuñez is a funny guy! I mean, makes sense with Mike Fanning. Mike's such a great guy. So is Derek Gipson. Ahh man now I am nostalgic and/or depressed

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ediker said:

The chorale (when they're dumping their jackets) is a missed opportunity for a great moment.  In the original work, which is primarily vocal, the choir ends one phrase at almost a whisper, then re-enters on the next phrase at about a double-forte.  It's an attention-grabber for an otherwise quiet song.  If they can include the brass more in this underappreciated piece, and work those dynamic features, this will be another high moment in the show and will contribute to the variety of effects.

Are you suggesting the brass play during Almighty Father? Just curious

Edited by Shewhois

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

Hop just posted that they need sewing volunteers and are planning to "bedazzle the world."

Make it stop make it end

Wait. Weren't you and MRapp among the half dozen posters complaining of this thread about ill-fitting outerwear. Now, in the middle of the most hellacious temps of the Cadets tour when hydration nearly needs to be IV inserted during all those maxim cleaning sessions you and others are demanding, GH sends out a call for seamstresses mostly probably for fittings. Look back over a dozen seasons of Cadets announcements and this is an annual re-fit needing help. Knowing DCP as he does, and as so many of you have told him, he yanks your chain by touching the hot buttons he knows will cause his critics to explode. You are being played with. We shall see.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Wait. Weren't you and MRapp among the half dozen posters complaining of this thread about ill-fitting outerwear. Now, in the middle of the most hellacious temps of the Cadets tour when hydration nearly needs to be IV inserted during all those maxim cleaning sessions you and others are demanding, GH sends out a call for seamstresses mostly probably for fittings. Look back over a dozen seasons of Cadets announcements and this is an annual re-fit needing help. Knowing DCP as he does, and as so many of you have told him, he yanks your chain by touching the hot buttons he knows will cause his critics to explode. You are being played with. We shall see.

No I was not. I love the robes.

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Is Hop buying the bedazzler from Ronco for $19.95???

• Like 1

Just now, xandandl said:

nah, he's hoping you donate it.

The kids need Propel not a bedazzler :spitting::angel1::thumbup:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yeah, I hope they are not heading that direction. Clean the darn show and take stuff out. He did say they were taking out some statements and the new company front idea may have legs. Maybe? So I'm glad some things are being taken out of the show.  They have to stop worrying about the color, the GE, and props, the fabrics, etc. Most of that will add nothing and provide no improvement in scores. It's just clutter. Clean, baby, clean. Show the world that The Cadets can clean their brass, percussion, guard, and feet once again. 

Look at Crown. Their show is far from perfect. Many would agree that there are issues with the back 1/3 of their show.  But boy did they perform last night. I realize they may not win the title due to some GE issues, but the effect most fans got last night was "That's the best corps."  I realize their guard is less experienced and there are other issues, but they left me with the feeling that they are the best corps -- even if the show design ultimately knocks them into 4th come Finals. What a performance!  It would not hurt Cadets to learn to clean again. They have failed to really clean in years. What the kids do on the field still matters more than props, fabric, and gimmicks. 

Somebody said they saw the cheese truck circling the stadium.:cry: