Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, jonwoody said:

Somebody said they saw the cheese truck circling the stadium.:cry:

Are you sure that wasn't Cascades or Oregon raising their annual funding with those cartons of t-paper from the Northwest forests?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Is Hop buying the bedazzler from Ronco for $19.95???

Ronco!  But wait!  There's more...

• Like 1

Just now, seen-it-all said:

Don't worry. They've got ice cream. :)

:dancin:

59 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT CADETS USED TO BE. 

This was the Cadets I fell for and wanted to be apart of. I'm a competitive person and love winning (who doesn't?), but at the end of the day, Cadets shows in the past were about wowing the crowd with the capabilities of THE KIDS WHO MARCH AND PLAY instead of all the pointless props (although some of those props were ok i guess, ala 1995/1996).

I want THAT Cadets again. Stop relying on the literal and be more subtle with the idea. Let the audience be wowed again. 

"Stop THE Cheese!!!"

59 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT CADETS USED TO BE. 

This was the Cadets I fell for and wanted to be apart of. I'm a competitive person and love winning (who doesn't?), but at the end of the day, Cadets shows in the past were about wowing the crowd with the capabilities of THE KIDS WHO MARCH AND PLAY instead of all the pointless props (although some of those props were ok i guess, ala 1995/1996).

I want THAT Cadets again. Stop relying on the literal and be more subtle with the idea. Let the audience be wowed again. 

:worthy::tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Also, this could be their first 7th place season since 1981. And if they somehow wind up in 8th (however unlikely), they'd make corps history as they've never finished in 8th.

They have finished below 8th - from 1972 to 1980.

4 hours ago, FTNK said:

Thanks, George -- I know I tend bust your balls on here but I really have a lot of respect for you

We all just want the corps to be great in every way

Pssssst.... Did he just say balls on DCP?? Really??:augen51:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

Are you suggesting the brass play during Almighty Father? Just curious

Yes, like '83, but including the choir.  With dramatic volume changes, it's mesmerizing. There are not enough choir members, so either include the brass, or have the brass sing. It would make the hit in that chorale more dramatic with more players/singers. 

• Like 1