Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, ftwdrummer said:

You may consider checking out Madison this year.

Oh I know- But I am not satisfied until someone is ontop of a muscle car, shooting fire from a guitar.

Doesn't say you can't do that in the rules.

Edited by Sandonovan
  • Like 2

If they want to re-do Bernstein pieces they have played in the past, they should do this, but in a new arrangement with more faithful variation of timbre and dynamics

10:10-11:36 in the 2006 closer, but that was way too short. Hope you like asymmetrical and mixed meters! They were fun and challenging. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

I think y'all are reading way too much into using an ankh instead of a cross. I just figured they used it because it was halfway between a cross and this...

snare_drum_2013_look_banner.jpg

...such that it simultaneously suggests the religious aspect, and the classic Cadets uniform.

That's what I see too..thought it was a creative way of redesigning it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Could not agree more. I generally hate narration in a drum corps show. Other rare times I can tolerate it. Here, it seems heavy handed and very literal. But given that the subject matter is, fundamentally, a literal concept focused entirely on the catholic mass, isn't that something that perhaps should have been vetted when they considered this topic as a potential show idea?

Politics and religion, two ideas that are not to be a part of Thanksgiving table conversation...and I would suggest drum corps shows. Which is why I did not like Cavaliers last year. 

I have to agree. When I first saw the show the title and costumes pretty much explain what it is about. But the religious references throughout the show seemed to me to be beating a dead horse. I got it so I assume we all got it without the over use. Sort or like 2015.. I got the 10 over.. and over... I got it... please stop with the 10 lol.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Who said so?  I don't think it is incumbent upon the Cadets or Boston to educate anyone.  Neither corps has claimed this. It is entertainment. Period.

Oh i completely agree - I don't think the type of religious symbol on the jacket for their costume is important - and I don't think the fact that Boston is "burning" a which (they were hanged) is important either

What I DO find interesting is how Cadets are held to a special/different standard sometimes

I watched the shows at Broken Arrow - I can spot things in each program (right up to the 2 top ones) that are inherently weak. And I spot "mistakes" in good design - like choppy music, compact drill, over written percussion props, sloppy intervals or use of props

Never gets a mention, and then Cadets came on and the tread rips them to shreds lol

For literally the same stuff. It's quite hypocritical!

Just now, jonwoody said:

I have to agree. When I first saw the show the title and costumes pretty much explain what it is about. But the religious references throughout the show seemed to me to be beating a dead horse. I got it so I assume we all got it without the over use. Sort or like 2015.. I got the 10 over.. and over... I got it... please stop with the 10 lol.

Exactly. The good news is there is still time to cut back on it. 

The bad news is: will they???

Either way I do enjoy the show, the kids seem to be having a great summer and frankly the corps IS rapidly improving IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I'd love to see a drum corps performed in this uniform. It's no longer the Cadets'. Who wants to take it?

It's still the cadets uniform. Don't be so dramatic. Geez.. have an Italian ice and chill.:whip:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

Narration? Singing? What about electric guitars?

I want a fury road show. NOW.

MEKq9c.gif

This is my DREAM SHOW. The movie (and the music!) is incredible. 

I suggested this for Crown for 2015 - during off season I posted a big concept post. Got laughed at mostly!

It would be a terrific show. Maybe Madison next year? 

And if you haven't seen the movie watch it. BEST action film of all time.

• Like 2