Cadets 2017

32 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

It's still the cadets uniform. Don't be so dramatic. Geez.. have an Italian ice and chill.:whip:

Would it be Rita's or Marino's? THAT SIR, that is the question. 

36 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Oh i completely agree - I don't think the type of religious symbol on the jacket for their costume is important - and I don't think the fact that Boston is "burning" a which (they were hanged) is important either

What I DO find interesting is how Cadets are held to a special/different standard sometimes

I watched the shows at Broken Arrow - I can spot things in each program (right up to the 2 top ones) that are inherently weak. And I spot "mistakes" in good design - like choppy music, compact drill, over written percussion props, sloppy intervals or use of props

Never gets a mention, and then Cadets came on and the tread rips them to shreds lol

For literally the same stuff. It's quite hypocritical!

With all due respect, George, Cadets alums demand that Cadets be held to a higher standard than the average world class drum corps. They've won double digit world titles. They have been a standard bearer for the activity ever since it was an activity. So yes, fans see mediocrity and call it out because Cadets have never been satisfied with mediocrity.

If BD, Crown or BC had a crappy company front in the last scene of a show, you can bet they would get called out for it. Not so much for lesser corps.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

With all due respect, George, Cadets alums demand that Cadets be held to a higher standard than the average world class drum corps. They've won double digit world titles. They have been a standard bearer for the activity ever since it was an activity. So yes, fans see mediocrity and call it out because Cadets have never been satisfied with mediocrity.

If BD, Crown or BC had a crappy company front in the last scene of a show, you can bet they would get called out for it. Not so much for lesser corps.

Nah it's not the same

BD gets hate and Cadets

most others get love 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Nah it's not the same

BD gets hate and Cadets

most others get love 

As long as Cadets keeps making it easy for people to criticize, people will criticize. It's been a long time since Angels and Demons. Hopkins loves controversy, he is the only corps director who would ever even dream of going to Facebook to ask for seamstresses to help them sew something. You know that's true!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Nah it's not the same

BD gets hate and Cadets

most others get love 

It seemed to me that there was a lot of hate spread around multiple corps on the Broken Arrow thread the other night.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It seemed to me that there was a lot of hate spread around multiple corps on the Broken Arrow thread the other night

People criticize BD partly out of jealousy and partly out of the feeling that they benefit from a double standard.

People criticize Cadets because of Hopkins, and what seems to be either purposefully obtuse show concepts, or lack of an understanding of what a bad show concept is. Which again goes back to Hopkins. Most people I feel want Cadets to succeed. Most people probably are ready for BD to falter!

i would also add, though, that this is the largest fan community for the activity and it's largely populated by Cadets people. Many who have deep connections with the corps. That's certainly unique to Cadets. There just aren't as many loyalists for other specific corps here except maybe Crown and now Bluecoats.

• Like 3

There was some suggestion that Hop's "bedazzle" post was intended to rile up people who are criticizing the excess of the design. If so, how does that help the organization? In general I don't think the director being a lightning rod for discussion and criticism (I think we can agree he has been for a long time) is beneficial for the org and member experience. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FTNK said:

There was some suggestion that Hop's "bedazzle" post was intended to rile up people who are criticizing the excess of the design. If so, how does that help the organization? In general I don't think the director being a lightning rod for discussion and criticism (I think we can agree he has been for a long time) is beneficial for the org and member experience. 

No comment needed. This is why people jump on Cadets. George loves the attention, he constantly invites and goads people into it. If you are going to essentially give people the middle finger, then you shouldn't complain when they respond in kind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Would it be Rita's or Marino's? THAT SIR, that is the question. 

That would be Marino's if you must know.:colgate:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

THIS. Enough with the stupidly literal shows please! 

I want some more shows like 2013 out of the Cadets 

Yes. See corps like BD, SCV and Bluecoats are smart, because literally any music fits their theme, and there themes aren't really a story. I get that BD and SCV sort of have story elements to them, but very faint elements. When you try to do a story, it becomes much more difficult IMO. 

I still freaking love the Cadets music this year, so it will be a joy for me to listen to it full blast on my headphones come September.

• Like 3