Cadets 2017

Post from GH on FB:

today ..... not great.

Good chat last night but today ...
was difficult. Perhaps it was the heat but the back half of the day was far from successful.

To be honest .... and I am on purpose this year, I was more frustrated with these folks than at any time I can remember over years and years

Our kids need to learn to listen, to learn, to push when it hurts , and to perform.

Stop waiting .... our time is here.
Today ... even if it's not perfect

We will see what the evening brings.

I love these kids.
I love all the Cadets but this group is special.
They came through the criticism, they believe in a show that asks you to believe ....
and they are getting better and better.

With three weeks to go ...
this when we learn who we are, the character we hold and the future possibility of our lives.

Reminds me of a great quote ... below.

I pushed today.
I am going to push tonight.

Fly my friends ...

Fly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

No comment needed. This is why people jump on Cadets. George loves the attention, he constantly invites and goads people into it. If you are going to essentially give people the middle finger, then you shouldn't complain when they respond in kind.

You certainly don't give them the middle finger and then constantly solicit them for money....

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, sched88 said:

Post from GH on FB:

today ..... not great.

Good chat last night but today ...
was difficult. Perhaps it was the heat but the back half of the day was far from successful.

To be honest .... and I am on purpose this year, I was more frustrated with these folks than at any time I can remember over years and years

Our kids need to learn to listen, to learn, to push when it hurts , and to perform.

Stop waiting .... our time is here.
Today ... even if it's not perfect

We will see what the evening brings.

I love these kids.
I love all the Cadets but this group is special.
They came through the criticism, they believe in a show that asks you to believe ....
and they are getting better and better.

With three weeks to go ...
this when we learn who we are, the character we hold and the future possibility of our lives.

Reminds me of a great quote ... below.

I pushed today.
I am going to push tonight.

Fly my friends ...

Fly

W T F

T

F

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

W T F

T

F

He just has no off-switch.....

• Like 2

Old people shouldn't be on Facebook. GH I'm lookin' at you..

• Like 7

I don't post often, but I felt compelled to after recently seeing this show.  

It just misses the mark.  I've seen Bernstein's Mass a bunch, most recently two summers ago with Yannick conducting the Philly Orchestra.  It was brilliant.  Perfect.  
I'm not expecting the same from a drum corps, but I just kept waiting for the moments where it got me, and it never did.  
The "new" ending was pretty standard.  Nothing special, but it had been hyped so much that I was expecting something so much more.  
I like the Cadets and wish them the best, but they seem stuck in a rut right now.  I don't feel a lot of innovation.  I don't feel the excitement that made me fall in love with this group 20+ years ago.  It's just...off.  I wish I could explain it better...but I can't.  I hope the kids have a great experience, as I did marching in a mid-top 12 corps 20 years ago, but I'm just not getting what they're selling.  
FWIW, I enjoy reading all the comments here. I hope you wont be too hard on the new guy.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Public criticism of MMs from corps director is probably worse than from DCP randos

Especially when not taking any of the "blame" himself.

In better schools, if the students aren't getting the material appropriately and not passing standardized tests like the NY State Regents when they have the capacity to do so, then the principal, headmaster, and faculty are replaced.

In business, if the results no longer are coming in, then the golden handshake is given by the BoD and the management is either fired or retired.

Neither is C2 doing well this summer.

• Like 3