Cadets 2017

9 hours ago, Shewhois said:

If you look at the actual post on Facebook, over 93 people liked it including a huge number of the kids who are marching this year, so there is something that we looking in from the outside are losing in translation.  Perhaps we need to remember that we are on the outside and as long as corps has a great attitude maybe we need to let them have their season without all the drama that is generated by folks who are not actually marching this year.  I'm old but I realize when I look back it is often with rose colored glasses - let's not detract from the MM's season - for some it may be the only one they have.

There were certainly things to like in the post.  I wouldn't take that as a ringing endorsement for the entire message.

Look... this is bush-league, amateur-hour, ########.  A CEO cannot take to FB to publicly vent about their staff.  Period.  Full stop.

It is the height of unprofessionalism.  No wonder that staff retention at YEA is as abysmal as it is.  If you have an issue with what they're doing, address it privately within the organization.  The staff is under enough pressure as it is trying to get this organization rebuilt without having to deal with getting thrown under the bus by their boss.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I think you and I have the same person on ignore :)

I'm pretty sure we do. Frankly I'm sick of his thinking that he's the father of people on here. 

13 hours ago, jonwoody said:

That would be Marino's if you must know.:colgate:

Oh we are no longer friends. RITA'S ALL THE WAY!!!! :laughing:

9 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

George, I trust you, and so I am choosing to believe that you know what he meant to say. But that is not what he said. Regardless, it is at best counterproductive and at worst very unprofessional to be criticizing your members or your staff on Facebook. Can we not jus have one season without this drama? Why do Cadets alums put up with this? No other corps allows this.

It's so funny that people complain about this behavior from him. He's been doing this for years so why the hell are you complaining about it? If it offends you so much, go directly to the organization. Asking why Cadets alum put up with this is a ridiculous notion as if we are actually members of the BOD or still in a position to make changes like that. AT best, I think we can do what many people on here can do, which is complain directly to the organization. And how do you know many people haven't? There's a Cadets alum group on Facebook that I left because I got sick of hearing people ##### and complain about GH and not taking any effective solutions to solve what they believe is the problem. So let's not get all sanctimonious and presumptuous in the thinking that Cadets alum are "putting up" with this. 

9 hours ago, FTNK said:

If the staff is who he's talking about,* one has to wonder how the staff is going to feel about coming back next year.

* He's talking about the kids. Most of my season was like this. Bad decisions in design become "you just aren't working hard enough to generate the effect." Seen him get into screaming matches in the shower with members about their attitude

I've always been against airing out your dirty laundry for the public to see. But clearly, Facebook seems to be the medium for MANY people to do that. That shyt should be kept IN HOUSE. But look at who we are talking about? I find no point in complaining about him on this site anymore because clearly nothing comes from doing that. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm pretty sure we do. Frankly I'm sick of his thinking that he's the father of people on here. 

Oh we are no longer friends. RITA'S ALL THE WAY!!!! :laughing:

It's so funny that people complain about this behavior from him. He's been doing this for years so why the hell are you complaining about it? If it offends you so much, go directly to the organization. Asking why Cadets alum put up with this is a ridiculous notion as if we are actually members of the BOD or still in a position to make changes like that. AT best, I think we can do what many people on here can do, which is complain directly to the organization. And how do you know many people haven't? There's a Cadets alum group on Facebook that I left because I got sick of hearing people ##### and complain about GH and not taking any effective solutions to solve what they believe is the problem. So let's not get all sanctimonious and presumptuous in the thinking that Cadets alum are "putting up" with this. 

I've always been against airing out your dirty laundry for the public to see. But clearly, Facebook seems to be the medium for MANY people to do that. That shyt should be kept IN HOUSE. But look at who we are talking about? I find no point in complaining about him on this site anymore because clearly nothing comes from doing that. 

I know you are a huge Cadets loyalist, so I appreciate your response.

There is only one reason Hopkins chooses — CHOOSES — to use Facebook to air his dirty laundry, and it's because he wants outsiders to see and hear his embarrassing blathering. Why any organization of any kind would tolerate this is beyond me at this point, but there are 200 families that I am sure do not appreciate having to answer for him every time he goes off the reservation.

I can only conclude that the Cadets BOT is just fine with massive staff defections, dwindling support and steadily decreased scores.

Whatever, moving on. A whole lot of other awesome shows and corps to talk about. Thanks again. Same to you, George.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I know you are a huge Cadets loyalist, so I appreciate your response.

There is only one reason Hopkins chooses — CHOOSES — to use Facebook to air his dirty laundry, and it's because he wants outsiders to see and hear his embarrassing blathering. Why any organization of any kind would tolerate this is beyond me at this point, but there are 200 families that I am sure do not appreciate having to answer for him every time he goes off the reservation.

I can only conclude that the Cadets BOT is just fine with massive staff defections, dwindling support and steadily decreased scores.

Whatever, moving on. A whole lot of other awesome shows and corps to talk about. Thanks again. Same to you, George.

You can conclude what you wish. But those are your assumptions as neither of us knows what they're fine with or not fine with. And what Hop chooses to post is just his right, no matter how stupid it is. Someone said before that "old people should not be on Facebook", and while I think that is true, it's their right just as it's their right to post what they feel. GH is doing a huge disservice to his staff as well as the kids by posting that type of shyt on Facebook, but I'm not sure what we can to do regulate his right to post on there. 

en·a·bler
iˈnāblər,eˈnāblər/
noun

1. a person or thing that makes something possible.
    "the people who run these workshops are crime enablers"
    • a person who encourages or enables negative or self-destructive behavior in another.
      "he criticized her role as an enabler in her husband's pathological womanizing"
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FTNK said:

If you think Cadets are the only corps whose show design is getting roasted on DCP, check out the Crown thread

And the Madison folks are pulling their hair out in frustration as well. 

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:
en·a·bler
iˈnāblər,eˈnāblər/
noun

1. a person or thing that makes something possible.
    "the people who run these workshops are crime enablers"
    • a person who encourages or enables negative or self-destructive behavior in another.
      "he criticized her role as an enabler in her husband's pathological womanizing"

Who has encouraged that type of behavior? 

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

They need to breakthrough in SA. An inspired, well performed, emotional demonstration of what they have and can do. If they don't do that, it's over for them. 

Over for them? Like sell off the trucks and equipment. Break the lease and dissolve the corporation kind of over? Oh the drama....

Enablers tacitly approve of destructive behavior by not doing something about it. I wasn't referring to you, but the BOT.

I feel really bad for the Scouts. They are trying so hard. I give them so much credit for going for it this year, but clearly a lot of things are not working well with the judges.

• Like 1