Cadets 2017

Just watched last nights shows from The Cadets, Cavaliers, Santa Clara and Coats. Not stating this to be a jerk, but look at the crowd reaction to the Cadets at the end of their performance then compare it to that of the other three corps. Polite and respectful claps and slow to rise standing O. For a few seconds I was wondering if anyone was going to stand. Not use to seeing that from this organization.

5 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just watched last nights shows from The Cadets, Cavaliers, Santa Clara and Coats. Not stating this to be a jerk, but look at the crowd reaction to the Cadets at the end of their performance then compare it to that of the other three corps. Polite and respectful claps and slow to rise standing O. For a few seconds I was wondering if anyone was going to stand. Not use to seeing that from this organization.

Really? Cadets have never found Texas particularly enthusiastic 

i remember in 93 and 95 when they got golf claps and the audience threw babies for scouts

i also just watched the video 

cadets show is quickly improving! 

So I thought they were cutting out one "let us pray" and the "Jesus Christ" part of narration...or is that on the slate for San Antonio? 

Kudos for the MMs for performing so well in that heat...not just Cadets but all corps.   

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

I agree that the Board should not be dealing with granular issues such as scoring, because who cares?

But -- when the CEO's public statements are contrary or at odds with the stated mission of the organization, I think they have a fiduciary duty to act.

I highly doubt the board monitors social media posts.  If someone has a specific complaint that they believe requires action (and that relates to any subject), the best way to deal with it is to contact a board officer and register the concern. 

• Like 2

Just now, Icer said:

I highly doubt the board monitors social media posts.  If someone has a specific complaint that they believe requires action (and that relates to any subject), the best way to deal with it is to contact a board officer and register the concern. 

If you knew how many times this has already been done, you'd be very surprised.

In YEA, the Board works for the CEO, which is exactly the opposite of how corporate governance is supposed to work. It's absolutely maddening because of course George Hopkins deserves some reverence -- without him and some of the things he did 25+ years ago, the corps wouldn't exist -- but as the activity passes him by, he stands pat and even doubles down. There is no real oversight of the office and it shows.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

If you knew how many times this has already been done, you'd be very surprised.

In YEA, the Board works for the CEO, which is exactly the opposite of how corporate governance is supposed to work. It's absolutely maddening because of course George Hopkins deserves some reverence -- without him and some of the things he did 25+ years ago, the corps wouldn't exist -- but as the activity passes him by, he stands pat and even doubles down. There is no real oversight of the office and it shows.

Yep...i alluded to this a bit earlier. A hand picked board, which is something that happens = no accountability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seen-it-all said:

So much apology as well.

Well the dramatic overstatements require context. Honestly a lot of this is very over the top.