Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, kkpjm16 said:

So I thought they were cutting out one "let us pray" and the "Jesus Christ" part of narration...or is that on the slate for San Antonio? 

Kudos for the MMs for performing so well in that heat...not just Cadets but all corps.   

They said it is an eight count adjustment

maybe they get to that today?

47 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Well the dramatic overstatements require context. Honestly a lot of this is very over the top. 

If we were talking about an isolated incident, I'd most likely agree with you.

But Hop can no longer seem to stay out of his own way, and it's becoming a pattern.  If this is what he posts on FB, I can only imagine the crap that's going on behind the scenes.  Not one single other corps has to deal with the same type of self-inflicted drama.  The pros of Hop being so open and honest have officially been outweighed by the cons, IMO.

Anyone who doesn't think that he was a major factor in the Great Exodus of 2016 is fooling themselves.  If he keeps this up, I'd expect there will be turnover after this year as well, when the Cadets need stability more than anything.  

Yes... taken as a one-off, this would probably be no big deal.  But it isn't.  And the corps I grew up idolizing continues to suffer for it.

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm putting in my application for the next Cadets corps director. #MakeCadetsGreatAgain :bluedevil:

A change is definitely needed 

2 hours ago, Icer said:

I highly doubt the board monitors social media posts.  If someone has a specific complaint that they believe requires action (and that relates to any subject), the best way to deal with it is to contact a board officer and register the concern. 

A public relations manager would keep his mug and his ranting out of the public view. But he would fire that person too so forget about it. 

18 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm putting in my application for the next Cadets corps director. #MakeCadetsGreatAgain :bluedevil:

When do we get to see you in the hat? And I hear Sean Spicer is available to run your campaign.  

Just having some fun. :)

• Like 1

Maybe point being they are 1.5 points or so out of fifth with a show with room to grow. It's not like they are out of cash or out of finals. Things run cyclical and some of you would be wise to take a longer view

i like the show and the members seem to be having a great season and being cared for very well 

Perspective helps

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Has anyone actually ever stood up to General George? For years it seemed like the activity, including the folks that run DCI, were afraid of him. 

Not really.  Other DCI Corps Directors have definately " stood up to him " in the past when they felt his actions were out of line. But what happens inside YEA/ Cadets is for others inside these organizations to decide for themselves too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Look man.. or gal. or ... I like the big Maroon and gold band. Garfield is one of the reasons why I like DCI so much. I never marched . had the opportunity but decided against it due to loyalty with BAC. But let me say something if you or anyone other than the person who is there now could take over I would feel much better about the direction. At this point G HOP is on another planet and should take back to leigh high valley or wherever just retire now.  Here is my HOP impression ..... ..... ..... ... ...  ...... ...... ok by myself now........ ....