Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I would like to announce my candidacy 

I'm running against Lyin' 2000cadet

He is so low energy. And look at that face! 

:laughing:

My slogan will be:

Make Cadets Greater Than Ever!

my first goal will be a four-peat

three-peats are so 1985!

Sad!!!

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

My slogan will be:

three-peats are so 1985!

Sad!!!

the other guy will probably make us eat arugula and other field greens for every meal and snack on tour. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

:laughing::laughing::bluedevil:

YOU NEED TO BE YHUGE. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

He's been right more than wrong so there ya go. 

That trend is changing. He's definitely been wrong a lot more than he's been right since 2005. The problem is he doesn't seem to get it. Get it that it is time to step away from design.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

My slogan will be:

three-peats are so 1985!

Sad!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

27 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

That trend is changing. He's definitely been wrong a lot more than he's been right since 2005. The problem is he doesn't seem to get it. Get it that it is time to step away from design.

Eh -  I don't know if i totally agree with that.

I do think it is the case of a lack of trust. You hire the best people and then TRUST THEM

BD does that, Coats do that, Crown does that. You don't see those directors driving the design element.

So yes - I think a corps director and programming coordinator should be hired and then one steps back

It's more that than suddenly he's "lost it" - these program designs demand 100% attention from someone with their fingers on the pulse of the state of the art

Not a part time designer is who running 2 corps plus a band tournament 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Eh -  I don't know if i totally agree with that.

I do think it is the case of a lack of trust. You hire the best people and then TRUST THEM

BD does that, Coats do that, Crown does that. You don't see those directors driving the design element.

So yes - I think a corps director and programming coordinator should be hired and then one steps back

It's more that than suddenly he's "lost it" - these program designs demand 100% attention from someone with their fingers on the pulse of the state of the art

Not a part time designer is who running 2 corps plus a band tournament 

Clearly, you are not the first, and won't be the last, person to suggest this crazy, hair brained, lunatic fringe idea. And yet, every offseason, Cadets loyalists believe this will be the season Bad George stays in the back office where he belongs, and the experts on show design run Cadets. And yet every single year, we hit San Antonio, relative scores are falling, relative placements are falling, and we are treated to Harry and the Hendersons walking around with his iPhone publicly humiliating his team.

we all thought the mass exodus this past offseason would finally get through to the powers that be that there is a fundamental issue that only they can solve. And yet here we are, on Groundhog Day, rehashing the same crap, and reading your desparate please for rationalizing the situation and not jumping ship.

im not a Cadets alum or supporter, so whatever Cadets does is their business. I'm just wondering now what would it take for the BOT to step up and make a change. Not suggestions, not ultimatums, final decisions in leadership. No more promises, action. Because really at this point, if there is something below where Cadets is now, it is going to really damage the entire brand for a long time. And none of us want to see that happen.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Clearly, you are not the first, and won't be the last, person to suggest this crazy, hair brained, lunatic fringe idea. And yet, every offseason, Cadets loyalists believe this will be the season Bad George stays in the back office where he belongs, and the experts on show design run Cadets. And yet every single year, we hit San Antonio, relative scores are falling, relative placements are falling, and we are treated to Harry and the Hendersons walking around with his iPhone publicly humiliating his team.

we all thought the mass exodus this past offseason would finally get through to the powers that be that there is a fundamental issue that only they can solve. And yet here we are, on Groundhog Day, rehashing the same crap, and reading your desparate please for rationalizing the situation and not jumping ship.

im not a Cadets alum or supporter, so whatever Cadets does is their business. I'm just wondering now what would it take for the BOT to step up and make a change. Not suggestions, not ultimatums, final decisions in leadership. No more promises, action. Because really at this point, if there is something below where Cadets is now, it is going to really damage the entire brand for a long time. And none of us want to see that happen.

Hey Mike - 

The "relative scores" are not falling just yet. They are actually holding pace with the other top corps

Let's see how SAT and the next week goes and then panic time can set in

I just watched the runs from last night. Cavaliers and Boston are still within striking distance of Cadets - so they could finish 5th and feel solid about 2017

A drop to 7th or 8th could also happen - and the we gather the pitch forks

Honestly from purely enjoyment/creative level I enjoy BD, Coats and Cadets the most out of the top group

I do think (in some ways) 2017 has been a step forward. Especially drill design and visual execution

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hey Mike - 

The "relative scores" are not falling just yet. They are actually holding pace with the other top corps

Let's see how SAT and the next week goes and then panic time can set in

I just watched the runs from last night. Cavaliers and Boston are still within striking distance of Cadets - so they could finish 5th and feel solid about 2017

A drop to 7th or 8th could also happen - and the we gather the pitch forks

Honestly from purely enjoyment/creative level I enjoy BD, Coats and Cadets the most out of the top group

I do think (in some ways) 2017 has been a step forward. Especially drill design and visual execution

George, I am not panicking at all. But I would also say it is about time Cadets makes decisions based on the future of the corps and not just on relative placements. If the final analysis is always, We'll we finished fifth instead of eighth, so let's give this another go around, then Hopkins is outsmarting all of you. And always will.

This is a proud activity and Cadets are one of the greatest brands in the world. If the leadership is okay with status quo that's their business, guess.

And yet every single year, we hit San Antonio, relative scores are falling, relative placements are falling, and we are treated to Harry and the Hendersons walking around with his iPhone publicly humiliating his team.

LOL...