Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I'm sorry, but I would bet you $100 that the Cavies and Boston BOTH stay ahead of the Cadets. Their shows are just better. Boston's is so fantastic, I think they have a better chance of passing the Cavies than the Cadets have of passing Boston. Perhaps the scores in relation to Cavies have been relatively study (Cavies beat them by 1.85 the first meeting and 1.85 last night), but BAC has passed them, so it's a step down any way you look at it.

I don't know if BK can catch the Cadets in time, but that wouldn't surprise me. The judges seem to love what BK is doing.

I will agree 2017 is better than 2016, from a visual design perspective, but not from an execution perspective (musically or visually). I LOVE the musical design of this show, it is really quite wonderful in my opinion, and the visual design is nice (although not on the same level as the current top 6). The problem is once again they are pulling out a club and clubbing us to death with their theme.

Very early on, I thought Cadets had a good chance to finish 5th this year. Now, I tend to agree with your assessment of where things stand now.  Boston is not only MUCH more polished at this point, but have a huge amount of positive "vibe" supporting them, and that rubs off in many different ways. Blue Knights also have a real shot at matching, or passing, Cadets.  Cavaliers seem "right" for fifth. If any of the nearby corps can overtake Cavaliers, I believe that will be Crusaders.

This is such a tight race up and down the entire top 1-14. Every year there seems to be surprise move in final placement. Could be Cadets, no doubt.

• Like 1

I've been silent for more than a year. 

Hop's FB post was the LAST straw.  

You can criticize young people in private. You can force them to listen to your 'talks' if that's working (which it hasn't been for years).

But what an adult, an educator, a role model, a leader, an honorable person NEVER should do or be allowed to do - no matter what - is publicly excoriate young people, especially minors.  

I used to love Hop.   

I also used to respect him.

Now his recent behavior is an impediment to success, education, life development of the kids, and a blot on the entire Cadets organization.  

No matter the finals placement, after this season, Hop must resign, retire, or be fired.  

Time to move on.   The current management is broken beyond repair, as well as increasingly megalomaniacal and vicious and profoundly destructive.  

Thank you Hop for your years of service.  Cadets wouldn't have achieved greatness for most of these thirty years without you. 

Time to gracefully ride into the sunset  

Lauda de dah de dah, Day O, daaaay O, daylight come and you gotta go home!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Very early on, I thought Cadets had a good chance to finish 5th this year. Now, I tend to agree with your assessment of where things stand now.  Boston is not only MUCH more polished at this point, but have a huge amount of positive "vibe" supporting them, and that rubs off in many different ways. Blue Knights also have a real shot at matching, or passing, Cadets.  Cavaliers seem "right" for fifth. If any of the nearby corps can overtake Cavaliers, I believe that will be Crusaders.

This is such a tight race up and down the entire top 1-14. Every year there seems to be surprise move in final placement. Could be Cadets, no doubt.

Very early on, I thought the Cadets were destined for 7-8th, then I thought 4th. I've been all over the map with them this season. But, I think the writing is on the wall. This isn't 1992, were you can pass up 4 corps in route from 6th to 2nd in 5 days. There's little movement these days, so it's likely that if they are 7th tomorrow they will be 7th at finals (or 8th).

• Like 3

From reading the comments below his post, it seems the only people who seem to have a problem with it are the people on here. Everyone else who posted below his Facebook post just seems to encourage. Ahh well. Maybe some are being quiet on Facebook on his post and choosing to vent their frustration here instead. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

The actual members of the corps don't seem upset at all. Mostly because they're not.

The reality is they are probably not upset. I can't tell you how many times I got my ### handed to me my rookie year by vets and staff. I didn't cry or complain, I learned. The members are fine.

24 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

From reading the comments below his post, it seems the only people who seem to have a problem with it are the people on here. Everyone else who posted below his Facebook post just seems to encourage. Ahh well. Maybe some are being quiet on Facebook on his post and choosing to vent their frustration here instead. 

As I said many times earlier, Cadets ain't my responsibility. If their BOT is ok with how Hopkins represents them in public, then that's their business. 

(Obviously, if you post on Facebook your identity is known. Most people know better than to air their dirty laundry on Facebook.)

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

As I said many times earlier, Cadets ain't my responsibility. If their BOT is ok with how Hopkins represents them in public, then that's their business. 

(Obviously, if you post on Facebook your identity is known. Most people know better than to air their dirty laundry on Facebook.)

Then stop constantly b#tching about it. My point is that people who keep making a big deal about this NEED to take it up directly with the corps instead of coming on here crying about it. And just so you don't try to assume that I am a Cadets "apologist", I sent my gripe directly to the corps. 

• Like 2

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Then stop constantly b#tching about it. My point is that people who keep making a big deal about this NEED to take it up directly with the corps instead of coming on here crying about it. And just so you don't try to assume that I am a Cadets "apologist", I sent my gripe directly to the corps. 

I've said virtually nothing about this topic all season long until this week. I've said my peace, moving on. 

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I've said virtually nothing about this topic all season long until this week. I've said my peace, moving on. 

Ummm, you literally just quoted me. 

Let's move on then.