Cadets 2017

47 minutes ago, 87cadet said:

I've been silent for more than a year. 

Hop's FB post was the LAST straw.  

You can criticize young people in private. You can force them to listen to your 'talks' if that's working (which it hasn't been for years).

But what an adult, an educator, a role model, a leader, an honorable person NEVER should do or be allowed to do - no matter what - is publicly excoriate young people, especially minors.  

I used to love Hop.   

I also used to respect him.

Now his recent behavior is an impediment to success, education, life development of the kids, and a blot on the entire Cadets organization.  

No matter the finals placement, after this season, Hop must resign, retire, or be fired.  

Time to move on.   The current management is broken beyond repair, as well as increasingly megalomaniacal and vicious and profoundly destructive.  

Thank you Hop for your years of service.  Cadets wouldn't have achieved greatness for most of these thirty years without you. 

Time to gracefully ride into the sunset  

Lauda de dah de dah, Day O, daaaay O, daylight come and you gotta go home!

Agree, and I hate that it is happening this way........he must go.  The problem is we need a solution first.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

If anything, I see Boston climbing to fifth. That is the best Carolina Crown show ever put on a dci field that wasn't Carolina Crown. I see Cavaliers and Boston going neck and neck all the way to finals night.

I don't see Knights really even threatening Cadets at 7. Whole other level of show design.

If Boston ends up in fifth then my disrespect for DCI judging will hit a new low. They do not have the show content

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

If Boston ends up in fifth then my disrespect for DCI judging will hit a new low. They do not have the show content

Wait a minute, I personally think Boston's show is pretty good. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Wait a minute, I personally think Boston's show is pretty good. 

It's a good show and they are performing it well. But only the guard has much too box content JMO 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

It's a good show and they are performing it well. But only the guard has much too box content JMO 

It's all relative, though, and I think Boston has a better guard program and performance than anyone below the top four.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

It's all relative, though, and I think Boston has a better guard program and performance than anyone below the top four.

I'm just staying positive due to the GE scores and content scoring. Last meeting Cadets were tied with Cavaliers in GE and lower in all the performance captions. So clean up and those can rise and that will also raise GE. We just have to see if the new staff and young corps can get the performance levels raised. For me that's the bigger if 

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm inclined to agree, Boston Crusaders are executing very well, but I do not believe their show to be a strong product (I was also minority last year where I thought Quixotic was a spectacular design, but not performed to its potential). The way I see it is:

Brass

Content- Cadets win by a big margin. Drew Shanefield has really surprised me with the quality and demand of the arrangements, I think it is a big step up.

Achievement- Boston Crusaders. There is not a whole lot of demand here however. When Cadets peak on finals night I do believe they will be over Crusaders. 

Percussion

Content- Cadets have a really well written book, that I feel is more musical than Crusaders. Front ensemble writing is also top notch.

Achievement- Cadets battery is dirtier (mostly snares) than Crusaders. Front ensemble from the Cadets gets the nod for me. 

Visual Analysis/Proficiency 

Content- Cadets uniforms are beautiful in all three stages. They have a lot of great imagery and the drill design is especially well done in the fallen section.

Achievement- Cadets are marching very well, and the choreography is well done!

Guard

Content- Boston Crusaders content is better than a lot of the top guard groups right now, as is evidenced in the scoring. Not to say Cadets writing is bad, it is very good!

Achievement- Boston Crusaders are performing in the same tier as SCV and Bluecoats!

Overall-

Cadets have the better vehicle and are cleaning fast! Boston Crusaders don't have as much to clean as they do. Once all of the problem sections have been cleaned in Cadets I have no doubt they will pull ahead of Crusaders!

Both are fantastic organizations that I have a lot of respect for on and off the field!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ForTheCommonGood said:

~snip~

Good analysis. Now throw the Cavaliers in and make it a three-way comparison.

• Like 2