Cadets 2017

There will be no leadership change at Cadets until it hits the fan...the board can do nothing. He's empire built and all involved serve him. It cannot sustain itself and be a medal contender any longer. Am I wrong...we shall see. 

Things evolve slowly but change quickly, and we wonder why we never saw it coming. 

Edited by JKT90
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

GREAT reaction and performance today by the Cadets at the Texas Bandmaster Association. GREAT PR

Dr. Drew at his best as educator/caption head and person who knows his line by name, instrument, and home origin. Look at the size of the crowd -proper age cohort for future membership/tee shirt sales/fans in general. Note that the corps is spending time being renewed by the affirmation, the air conditioning, and the challenge to be a performer most excellent in all venues when as a Cadet. Much in between the lines education of Texas band directors (many who are also judges for DCI and band circuits) as the elements of the corps are broken down/exposed/and performed in a more relaxed but stage present way. The tape cuts off just before the corps runs through some of its show music I presume. But a great opportunity well used for recruiting, fan building, and networking. 

Thanks Mr. Dixon for sharing this. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

From reading the comments below his post, it seems the only people who seem to have a problem with it are the people on here. Everyone else who posted below his Facebook post just seems to encourage. Ahh well. Maybe some are being quiet on Facebook on his post and choosing to vent their frustration here instead. 

Tekk, I think that's part of the issue though.  The #####ing on DCP is simply an outlet to vent because we know nothing will be done.  If the BOT seems content to keep Hopkins in place after all this (falling placements, departing staff, social media gaffes), then there's nothing a strongly worded email from me is going to do to change their minds.  Short of donating (for the last time) a few bucks to the organization, I'm a nobody to them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Agree, and I hate that it is happening this way........he must go.  The problem is we need a solution first.

They had one.

His name was Justin Heimbecker.  

He went to the Blue Devils.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

If Boston ends up in fifth then my disrespect for DCI judging will hit a new low. They do not have the show content

False.

Boston is selling the hell out of their show.  Cadets are selling what they can, but their product is just not as good.  By Indianapolis, this show will end up being an Angels & Demons wannabe, mixed with a healthy dose of heavy-handed American Portrait with layers of WTF-are-we-doing (aka Awakening).

7th is their max, unfortunately.  They're just being out-designed.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, ForTheCommonGood said:

Once all of the problem sections have been cleaned in Cadets I have no doubt they will pull ahead of Crusaders!

Not even maybe an  itsy bitsy..., teeny, weenie..., ( yellow, polka dot bikini)... smidgen of a doubt on this ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

:spitting:not gonna happen but don't stop believing....hold on to that feeling...

Its a Journey..

• Like 1