Cadets 2017

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It's usually not the usage of BOA, usually the connotation of the post it's a part of.  

I agree with this.

3 hours ago, JKT90 said:

What is a plume wiggle?

I think its a religious shako worn by women priestesess in ancient pre Chrstianity times, but don't hold me to the history on this. it could be just a dance, sort of like the Peppermint Twist or something of that sort.

8 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It's usually not the usage of BOA, usually the connotation of the post it's a part of.  

True, it's all about the tone of a post

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Go to the Phantom thread and the BOA reference isn't used in a good way, especially when referring to a staff member.

I agree it's usually meant/used in a negative way. But there are some terrific BOA programs but the fast majority give me a headache 

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

These BAC oldtimers think they are back in the parking lots of Newark fighting St. Lucy's and Blessed Sacrament corps. Either that or they have been meeting with Sam Adams too early in the day. Sounds like nerves to me over .05 of a point.

Oh Man,, you should not bring stuff like this up. But You can't help yourself it looks like. Well, since you brought up the 60's, let the record show that no Boston Crusaders or rival Corps lost their lives in any of these alleged " Sam Adams" ( alcohol related ) incidents among neighboring Corps.  The same, sadly, however can not be said with the Cadets..  Furthermore, Boston had a  terrific relationship with the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights Drum & Bugle Corps for those purists on here always seemingly clamoring for " historical accuracy " with things in Drum Corps.. Boston in fact, had a better relationship with Blessed Sacrament than the Cadets did with Blessed Sacrament BITD.  So.. nice try with that insult.. its a shame you decided to put this on the Cadets thread for a new low  with an attack on the Boston Crusaders and its alums/ fans in this manner from years ago. Maybe you meant your remarks in jest. if so, mine was in jest too, as in " haha ! "

Now, hopefully back to a more current discussion on the 2017 Cadets...... carry on...........

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Go to the Phantom thread and the BOA reference isn't used in a good way, especially when referring to a staff member.

That may be true.. but there was a time (early 90s) when the MFA/BOA groups innovation significantly surpassed what DCI corps were able to do. A lot of the innovation occurring over the past 15 years in DCI started in BOA.

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

That may be true.. but there was a time (early 90s) when the MFA/BOA groups innovation significantly surpassed what DCI corps were able to do. A lot of the innovation occurring over the past 15 years in DCI started in BOA.

Eh. I mean the amplification etc started there but that was so you could enjoy the four minute clarinet/oboe duet 

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

Eh. I mean the amplification etc started there but that was so you could enjoy the four minute clarinet/oboe duet 

To be fair... they also incorporated electronics, wireless midi, (Plymouth had snares with wireless mics/midi in 1993 courtesy of Pearl), no boundaries, vocals, strings (I know... not a DCI issue)  pre shows, etc. There was a period during the early 90's where the innovation in the marching arts was coming from the top BOA bands. With DCI rule changes (regardless of your position on them) many of the designers who were able to experiment in the MFA/BOA world were able to bring these innovations (and more!) to the DCI groups. During this time there was a real debate inside DCI about ceding innovation to the bands. 

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

As a woodwind player myself I do love the sound certain instruments make. But even I have a limit to the picc/oboe/bassoon solos that are so prolific in some of those productions. 

• Like 1