Cadets 2017

45 minutes ago, GlenI said:

THIS! ^^^^^

I would be surprised if there is any change at all to the current placements heading into Indy. Judges appear to have developed their positives and negatives for each show and arent really changing their options, just slowly edging up scores for everyone. The only exception was the #### show that was guard judging in San Antonio, and that will level out again as we go forward.

Really the only race that appears to be in some doubt is whether SCV pulls off the last day upset to edge out Blue Devils for gold, and who makes it as the 12th finalist. 

I think you could see Bluecoats edge out Crown for bronze because their show is so much more effective in a dome. But after that, I don't see any changes to rankings at the end.

Now that we are in the 90s, we aren't going to see as much movement and the gaps will close. Anything over a full point gap now is very significant.

5. Cavaliers

6. Boston

7. Cadets

8. Knights

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Scouts or Mandarins

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I would be surprised if there is any change at all to the current placements heading into Indy. Judges appear to have developed their positives and negatives for each show and arent really changing their options, just slowly edging up scores for everyone. The only exception was the #### show that was guard judging in San Antonio, and that will level out again as we go forward.

Really the only race that appears to be in some doubt is whether SCV pulls off the last day upset to edge out Blue Devils for gold, and who makes it as the 12th finalist. 

I think you could see Bluecoats edge out Crown for bronze because their show is so much more effective in a dome. But after that, I don't see any changes to rankings at the end.

Now that we are in the 90s, we aren't going to see as much movement and the gaps will close. Anything over a full point gap now is very significant.

5. Cavaliers

6. Boston

7. Cadets

8. Knights

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Scouts or Mandarins

The Crossmen wave hi.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

5. Cavaliers

6. Boston

7. Cadets

8. Knights

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Scouts or Mandarins

I disagree completely. But obviously time will tell!

and honestly at this point "it would be nice" for Cadets to move up a spot or two, but I literally don't think it matters that much.

I mean let's say they finish sixth- what does that change in the world? Is fifth going to make a potential member this winter switch corps to match with Cadets in 18? I would argue possibly 2 or 3 at most. What matters is they have a great show and reaction at Indy. I've said all winter once I heard Mass as the show they will finish fifth, possibly sixth. I do not think in the end Boston has the show content to stay ahead of Cadets. Cavaliers are their direct competitive tier in my opinion

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ftwdrummer said:

The Crossmen wave hi.

This!

• Like 1

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

The Crossmen wave hi.

I think we've all done that! You type your list, post it and seconds later someone points out the obvious fact that "omg you forgot X corps"

:laughing:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

5. Cavaliers

6. Boston

7. Cadets

8. Knights

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Scouts or Mandarins

Ten of the top 13 corps at San Antonio last year were in different placements in Indianapolis. The three that stayed the same were Bluecoats, SCV, and Blue Stars. I see a lot of change happening again this year.

3 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Ten of the top 13 corps at San Antonio last year were in different placements in Indianapolis. The three that stayed the same were Bluecoats, SCV, and Blue Stars. I see a lot of change happening again this year.

Stop educating us with all these "facts"

:whip:

29 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

5. Cavaliers

6. Boston

7. Cadets

8. Knights

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Scouts or Mandarins

Complaining about lack of mobility and then calling out a judge for giving that mobility by calling it a sh*tshow is a bold move 

• Like 2

Stiff Drink Time Again:

Make mine a tripple.....:guinesssmilie:   :guinesssmilie:  :guinesssmilie:

Elphaba      :flower: