Cadets 2017

On 7/26/2017 at 5:23 AM, mcjordansc said:

The Cadets are not going to challenge the top four, that is true. But, I am not sure fighting for fifth or sixth place makes them "mid-tier". It appears to me that they will pass BAC and stay in the top six. Cavaliers and Cadets should be neck and neck come Indianapolis. 

Nope. It's finished. Dunzo. Cadets are 7th at best. Sad as it is, it's time to accept reality. They will in no way challenge the Cavaliers at finals (will likely be 3+ points down from them) and BAC is going to beat them from here on out. Recent judging trends and past history back this up. The Cadets are no longer a corps that passes up other corps. They are a corps that gets passed up, and it's been that way since 2011. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Based on slotting I think we knew last week. :/

It's not slotting. All six corps that are currently beating the Cadets all have better designs, and all are out-executing the Cadets. It's that simple. If slotting were real, BAC would be behind the Cadets.

• Like 2

That synth bass on the last chord of the Cadets show. Just...no. Someone on staff is inexplicably convinced that sounds good. Who, and why?

They deserve to be in 7th for that alone.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

That synth bass on the last chord of the Cadets show. Just...no.

2010 was way louder ...

Yinz hatin'

giphy.gif

Edited by AoEnut
  • Like 2

Ho hum... This page speaks to the reasons why many people stop coming here to post and chat. A few seem to think they know the truth and reality and must come to post on a daily bases their opinions on the Cadets short comings as if we here are stupid and are living in a cave.. We know the members come here. We know it is better to stay positive and supportive. I hope that these people will take a chill pill, think about how negative and hurtful their posts are and how annoying they are to most of us and maybe find something else to do than come to DCP. You have every right to post your opinion. It is just the way in which you do it ALL season that annoys the poop out of many of us.:whip::whistle:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

That synth bass on the last chord of the Cadets show. Just...no. Someone on staff is inexplicably convinced that sounds good. Who, and why?

Too thunderous and gooey?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

The biggest synth bass offenders for me have been Bluecoats, Madison Scouts, and SCV. Everyone uses it, but I can't recall it being egregious to me in person. I'll see this weekend at the Winston Salem show!