Cadets 2017

16 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Biggest hurdle for Cadets is the choir. I love it. Adds a beautiful layer of musicality to the show and very appropriate for the MASS but judges are just having a difficult time scoring it and it is affecting Brass and Percussion scores. The season is almost over, I hope judges can quickly adjust. Percussion is strong and brass has improved vastly. Should be outscoring Cavies at this point. Praying judges finally see the choir for the beauty it adds, the great performance level they're at and adjust the music caption scores upward.

I'm a Cadets fan through and through, but after seeing Cavies last night, the green men should definitely be a 1.5-2 points ahead. Their sound and visual are so much more polished.

Cadets should be aiming to overtake BAC. They have the content to do it. And the GE judges agree

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

I'm a Cadets fan through and through, but after seeing Cavies last night, the green men should definitely be a 1.5-2 points ahead. Their sound and visual are so much more polished.

Cadets should be aiming to overtake BAC. They have the content to do it. And the GE judges agree

I meant out scoring Cavies in Brass.

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

rehearsal spot today and tomorrow

aerial.jpg

That is a wonderful venue to perform in. I loved playing there with the band I work with at a number of USBand Open class Nats over the years.

That and Talen Park (Thursday's show) are my two favorite venues. 

Which explains why I am going to Clifton on Wednesday.   :laughing:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeD said:

That is a wonderful venue to perform in. I loved playing there with the band I work with at a number of USBand Open class Nats over the years.

That and Talen Park (Thursday's show) are my two favorite venues. 

Which explains why I am going to Clifton on Wednesday.   :laughing:

I loved when DCA championships were there.   Great venue and very nice city in which to spend a few days.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I loved when DCA championships were there.   Great venue and very nice city in which to spend a few days.  

Clifton? You loved Passaic?

or did you mean 'nnapolis?  Horses were switched midsteam or sentence.

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Clifton? You loved Passaic?

or did you mean 'nnapolis?  Horses were switched midsteam or sentence.

I think she was replying to the first half of MikeD's comment, when he was talking about Annapolis. I can also attest that DCA championsips were great in that stadium, even when prelims was rain delayed into the middle of the night :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spandy said:

I think she was replying to the first half of MikeD's comment, when he was talking about Annapolis. I can also attest that DCA championsips were great in that stadium, even when prelims was rain delayed into the middle of the night :thumbs-up:

That was a little wet but besides that one night, it was a heavenly two years there.  Lots of fun! 

• Like 1

Garfield (the poster) put this on his Dublin (ohio, not Ireland) thread. Seems the producer turns out to have marched the Cadets in the 90's and is named Mark. Another great way our great alumni are building the activity.

http://myfox28columbus.com/good-day-columbus/around-town/cam-around-town-emerald-city-music-games