Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

other judges would note that too.  Or are you saying they only aren't good when he's got the numbers?  Odd intervention, negative again as almost customary.

Last three guard scores: 17.7, 17.6, 18.0 (tonight) and just 0.80 behind BD, down from 1.2 in North Carolina.

It's not the judges, man.

Just now, exitmusic said:

Last three guard scores: 17.7, 17.6, 18.0 (tonight) and just 0.80 behind BD, down from 1.2 in North Carolina.

i understand the numbers and implications. What i don't understand is your vehemence and chip on the shoulder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

the guard has got to get clean and hit their dots. They are heading that way but much work to do

I agree it's not the "judges" at all, but if you look more broadly at the guard caption it has been a bit all over the board all season

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

i understand the numbers and implications. What i don't understand is your vehemence and chip on the shoulder.

I don't get that from what he is posting. Cadets are a good corps, but they are dirty right now. Fortunately the kids are feeling positive so I'd expect them to dramatically clean with the time remaining. 

Just now, George Dixon said:

I don't get that from what he is posting. Cadets are a good corps, but they are dirty right now. Fortunately the kids are feeling positive so I'd expect them to dramatically clean with the time remaining. 

Right. We're probably a sixth place corps with an eighth place show that has a chance to finish as high as sixth. The color guard has been wildly inconsistent and for anyone to imply that this judge "has it in" for us is a case of misplaced vision.

26 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I'll be at Clifton tomorrow! Can't wait!

As for percussion, my guess from watching video is that they are backfield a lot, esp in the opening....they judge may not be able to credit what is not clearly heard. Just a guess from watching videos.

Percussion does seem to score better when they have a field judge that can catch the intricate details of the scoring this year. Sadly, they don't often get credit at shows with one percussion judge

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Right. We're probably a sixth place corps with an eighth place show that has a chance to finish as high as sixth. The color guard has been wildly inconsistent and for anyone to imply that this judge "has it in" for us is a case of misplaced vision.

agreed but seeing them the last couple days they seem to be locking in - we'll know more as the weekend goes on

their gap btw is down 0.7 now with BD so improving as you noted; BD is on another level this season with CG - that's the judging that I question. Boy are they great.

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Percussion does seem to score better when they have a field judge that can catch the intricate details of the scoring this year. Sadly, they don't often get credit at shows with one percussion judge

good observation.

You stated that the off field position of the choir and front ensemble were shifted tonight. Was this a plus, negative or neutral>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

the one thing about percussion is they can hose the crap out of it if needed to get the score up quite a bit and sneak by for the most part

you hose a guard or horn book and EVERYONE notices lol 

Just now, xandandl said:

good observation.

You stated that the off field position of the choir and front ensemble were shifted tonight. Was this a plus, negative or neutral>

I didn't like it - the choir is too central and distracting now. I think they should be off on the left down past the pews

Some of the changes are great. But the tweaking around with the narration and prayers etc is ridiculous. Personally feel every bit of it could vanish and the audience would engage better. We don't need to beat folks over the head with it.

• Like 3