Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

Brass score is creeping up but that percussion score, jeez...

I know. Tom needs to eat his Wheaties and get crackin

If anyone can do it that guy can!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I don't get that from what he is posting. Cadets are a good corps, but they are dirty right now. Fortunately the kids are feeling positive so I'd expect them to dramatically clean with the time remaining. 

Well 85 to 89 since Friday is certainly improvement but definitely playing catch up. Time is running out.

Just now, George Dixon said:

I know. Tom needs to eat his Wheaties and get crackin

If anyone can do it that guy can!

He should be with the line full time now until INDY. 

Just now, Tobias said:

Well 85 to 89 since Friday is certainly improvement but definitely playing catch up. Time is running out.

I think we all knew this from day one of this season - a young corps and a new team

If they can end the season with some momentum and growth and feeling good - and hopefully a score in the 93-95 range - they will set themselves up for a good winter with less uproar

The corps has very few brass age outs and always reloads on percussion - so I'm feeling positive. They are scoring over 2016 and things are going UP instead of DOWN

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tobias said:

He should be with the line full time now until INDY. 

I would think so too. Funny is even on their current trend they will top last year in brass and percussion, odd given the changes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nafstedac said:

Yeah not sure whats up with the Percussion score. Loads of talent, great writing, :maybe we need to mic the drums :lle:

they are lost in the mix at times

they spent a lot of time the last couple days cleaning out the sound to open up space for battery features and segments and also brass moments - I'd imagine this will continue until Indy and could make a big difference. All IMO

• Like 2

Also like to change of position to the vocal ensemble.  They are outstanding and honestly I don't think they are being judged appropriately in music. Hearing it live this evening was amazing

• Like 2