Cadets 2017

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They will finish sixth 

George, I agree.

. . . .  and they will NAIL that show by Finals!   Everyone should admire the Cadets' tenacity this year and last. Isn't that what drum corps is all about? Maxing out oneself, and have everyone around you determined to do the same. That's winning!

• Like 6

Really solid show tonight for Cadets and Cavs, but the gremlins were out in force. Crown had a performer fall in a crowd during their finale - almost got run over - and a guard member looked like she had some kind of asthma attack at the very end and needed to be helped off. Scary stuff. Bluecoats had a speaker go wacky on them that distracted from what otherwise looked like a great run. C2 had someone go down as well. 

Great to see Cadets over 90.

Need a VERY good day of practice tomorrow and Saturday at Franklin Field

Need that to be a 92 by Saturday night.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, henry7184 said:

You do need to spell it out. It's settled. Done. The writing is on the wall. The Cadets will finish 7th this year. In today's herd-judging mentality, it's done. Still a much better product than 2016 despite the lower placement.

Missing my point which was about Cavies....remember them now only .4 behind who (as you clear your throat) Bluecoats. I think we've all known where Cadets were going to finish once Boston beat them for the first time in a very long time. But look who's crashing the podium party. It's a good year and the best Cadets can do with a good show is 6th.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Great to see Cadets over 90.

Need a VERY good day of practice tomorrow and Saturday at Franklin Field

Need that to be a 92 by Saturday night.

And they certainly are not at Cadet squeaky clean yet!

Fan of the Arts 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henry7184 said:
6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

They will finish sixth 

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think he's saying Cavaliers could leapfrog Bluecoats.  It could happen.  I don't discount anything at this point.  (I hope not but you never know).  :12_slight_smile:

That's exactly what I was trying to get at. I hope it doesn't happen either but you have to admit the judges (little men in green shirts) do like them.

Fan of the Arts

The achievement outscoring content in the visual captions is perplexing to me.

Not from what I saw last Sunday in NC....

Of course I will never understand the content subcaption the way they are currently implemented in scoring.  Like others have said the shows content does not change drastically during the season, and the whole concept that "as the show cleans, the content becomes clear" has always seemed ridiculous and pretentious to me.

Edited by cadet93

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Two judges last night skewed it 

More than two judges had Cavies 1st in some captions.  I started the season thinking there were three shows better than BD.  How many times has my friend told me never bet against BD?  This is a two horse race with a herd fighting for third!

Fan of the Arts

3 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

More than two judges had Cavies 1st in some captions.  I started the season thinking there were three shows better than BD.  How many times has my friend told me never bet against BD?  This is a two horse race with a herd fighting for third!

Fan of the Arts

To me BD is more than 2 points ahead of the field.  I was blown away at Crown's home show.  They are professionals among students!!