Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

So a one year wait is not a requirement?  Or was that an assumption on someone's part?  It seems reasonable, but may not be applicable.  I am editing as a read back on other posts.  versus the above is the waiting period for going back to judging.  That makes less sense as the former could be viewed as a conflict of interest of sorts.  The latter would not be.

My understanding is a year or two wait AFTER teaching until one could judge again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Agree. I think the choir diminishes the horn line instead of complementing it.  I hesitated to say that lest I get jumped on by the thread defenders.  Many of the most difficult passages played by the horn line in '83 are sung by the choir this year. 

There's a bit of both in this years production if we are being honest

i certainly would have used much less voice 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Would like to see:

1. Cadets at a 92 tonight.

2. Beat Boston.

3. Have some caption movement upward i.e.:

Percussion, VP, GE (not in that particular order). 

4. We need momentum going into INDY. It's Allentown already!

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm hoping for Waterfront 

I would like that a lot

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Would like to see:

1. Cadets at a 92 tonight.

2. Beat Boston.

3. Have some caption movement upward i.e.:

Percussion, VP, GE (not in that particular order). 

4. We need momentum going into INDY. It's Allentown already!

agreed

26 minutes ago, d1358531 said:

That would be awesome

I've always pictured an On The Waterfront production for Cadets in a black and white color scheme (like the movie) with pops of orange and red during specific parts

Massive scrim backgrounds of the NYC waterfront - old B&W photos blown up or  stylized and mounted on scaffolding. As big as possible to give the production a very dramatic and theatrical feel. These would be stationary but turn around during the "ballad" and be all white with couple levels male/female guard members could couple dance against the big white background

Corps could be in black and white as well - guard maybe in gray. Story line non literal but have a boy/girl kind of playoff ala WSS - from different sides of the tracks. 

It's a very dramatic piece of music with long percussive sections - a larger brass line is required IMO and a full size battery and pit. So maybe 80 brass...

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

So a one year wait is not a requirement?  Or was that an assumption on someone's part?  It seems reasonable, but may not be applicable.  I am editing as a read back on other posts.  versus the above is the waiting period for going back to judging.  That makes less sense as the former could be viewed as a conflict of interest of sorts.  The latter would not be.

So LB what dose this mean about cadets and people that have  been  participating in this year's shows.  do not understand.   

Just now, emc2 said:

So LB what dose this mean about cadets and people that have  been  participating in this year's shows.  do not understand.   

my understanding is after teaching/designing at a corps one must wait an "off season" prior to being eligible to judge