Cadets 2017

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The only season in quite a while they've finished strong is 2011, changes made sense and improved the product

2012 they added an effective ending but other obviously needed changes were ignored (such as pushing the ballad toward the stands and restaging the guard OR shortening the too-long opener

2013 a massively talented corps was hampered by those heavy prop boxes and they weren't fixed -- insane. And after 12 they lost a very good guard team to SCV seemingly over creative differences 

2014-2016 changes were overall negative and the corps wilted in the past month

2015 a corps ready to win a championship was left with insufficient time to clean by changing the closer constantly for two straight weeks starting in OK, then went in to that timeframe in first place and exited it in a precarious third they would loose with the black out

its a concerning lack of good judgement and good taste 

Why did Cadets stop knowing how to finish a season?  That used to be the thing for Cadets. Come out dirty because the show is ambitious as all get out, then clean up the last few weeks and pass teams left and right.  

2009 - Beat Crown last show before Prelims.  Lost to Crown all Finals Week

2010 - Beat Crown last show before Prelims.  Lost to Crown all Finals Week

2011 - That worked!

2012 - Beat Phantom last show before Prelims.  Lost to Phantom all Finals Week

2013 - Beat Crown last show before Prelims.  Lost to Crown all Finals Week

2014 - Dropped a spot to Bluecoats Finals Night

2015 - Dropped 2 spots Semi-Finals night (stayed the same Finals).

2016 - Dropped a spot to Cavaliers Semi-Finals night (stayed the same Finals).

2017 - :52_fearful:

• Like 3

Saw Cadets for the first time this season Saturday night in Allentown. Admittedly not the greatest vantage point, way over near one goal line.  Didn't work my contacts list for this  show. LOL.

I didn't quite know what to expect... but overall, I enjoyed their show.

I absolutely can understand why they're not scoring better, or placing higher.  But as someone who, bottom line, is just a fan... if I enjoy a show, that's good enough for me.

• Like 2

Two days left in France. I have thoroughly enjoyed this vacation. 

I've been spending time away from this website and drum corps in general because I'm annoyed at where the Cadets are standing. 

I don't care what anyone says, but at the end of the day, this is a competition and Cadets are falling further and further. Scores and placement matter to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop to 8th. 

I'm excited that this season is coming to an end. It is sad to see where Cadets are, competitively speaking. 

I don't know what the hell is going on over there, but hopefully next year they'll have better luck. 

"Trust the process" seems to be a load of BS this season when it comes to Cadets. The process clearly hasn't worked out for them. 6th in 2016, 7th in 2017. It's time to rethink this "process". 

I'm hopping on the TGV for a four-hour train journey to the Millau Viaduct. CAN'T WAIT! 

Vive La France! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Doom and Gloom talk spurs action......hopefully.

"Trusting the Process" definitely hasn't worked.

Tell that to Philly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

The Cavaliers fell quite dramitically in 2012, had a few down years, and have made themselves competitive again.

Cavaliers made administrative and director changes. 

• Like 7

My school district had the pleasure of hosting The Cadets for a few hours last week. Good coverage in our local newspaper as well. 

6 hours ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

Why did Cadets stop knowing how to finish a season?  That used to be the thing for Cadets. Come out dirty because the show is ambitious as all get out, then clean up the last few weeks and pass teams left and right.  

2009 - Beat Crown last show before Prelims.  Lost to Crown all Finals Week

2010 - Beat Crown last show before Prelims.  Lost to Crown all Finals Week

2011 - That worked!

2012 - Beat Phantom last show before Prelims.  Lost to Phantom all Finals Week

2013 - Beat Crown last show before Prelims.  Lost to Crown all Finals Week

2014 - Dropped a spot to Bluecoats Finals Night

2015 - Dropped 2 spots Semi-Finals night (stayed the same Finals).

2016 - Dropped a spot to Cavaliers Semi-Finals night (stayed the same Finals).

2017 - :52_fearful:

2015 needs an asterisk.  Remember that BD placed 4th during Prelims because of a penalty dealing with warm-ups outside the stadium.

But ... your overall point is still valid.

• Like 2